Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #8391 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnzD View Post
Here is my Aquarium for my Betta. It's a 2.5 gallons with filter and heater. Unfortunately the plants are fake. I am thinking of adding some live ones in the future.
I LOVE your tank and choice of plants! It looks so natural even without live plants :)

But of course live plants are awesome not just because of their looks, but how they improve water quality. I can't say much because all I have are silk plants, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #8392 
acadialover

Oooh..... ahhhhhhh
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #8393 
KnzD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
I LOVE your tank and choice of plants! It looks so natural even without live plants :)

But of course live plants are awesome not just because of their looks, but how they improve water quality. I can't say much because all I have are silk plants, lol.
Thanks! I always try to decorate my aquarium as realistically as possible. I think it looks best that way!
My main motivation for live plants is pretty much to replicate as close as I can the natural environment of the fish. Plus they look really cool! Alas silk plants will have to do the job for us!
KnzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #8394 
soady

Smile My new setup!

It's a filtered, heated, 8 gallon (30 liters) aquarium with different types of gravel and two basic plants. It is divided with a piece of wood and a net spread from one bamboo to another, so the bettas (male-left, female-right) can not swim to each others sides of the tank. There are also 6 neon tetras that can swim wherever they want, since they can go through the net, but they prefer staying with the female. I also have two Ancistruses and I'm about to go get a snail. I try to keep it neat and simple.

soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #8395 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnzD View Post
Thanks! I always try to decorate my aquarium as realistically as possible. I think it looks best that way!
My main motivation for live plants is pretty much to replicate as close as I can the natural environment of the fish. Plus they look really cool! Alas silk plants will have to do the job for us!
I only use silk plants for now but I will get live plants eventually. I have a ton of silk plants for my future sorority tank that will fill the space as the plants grow in. None of them are really natural looking, lol. I was really going for utility rather than looks.

I want the sorority tank to be heavily decorated enough for the girls but I'm getting live fast growing plants to help with the water quality. I'm not really too concerned about fancy aquascaping, lol, but maybe someday I will be.

I want to go to college for photography and something to do with animals. Maybe I'll be a zookeeper at a zoo. Or a marine biologist. I don't know, ha. But maybe I could do something like the two guys on the show Tanked :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #8396 
MistersMom

Holy poo that picture is huge... O.o
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #8397 
MistersMom

Nowthat i have read the info on that tank though it's pretty cool the smaller fish can go where they want...
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #8398 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Holy poo that picture is huge... O.o
Right?! xD

Still, PLEASE teach me how to make that divider!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #8399 
MistersMom

my 10 gallon. 1 female betta, 4 black skirt tetras, 3 rosey red minoows, a glass cat fish, and a chinese algae eater...
Name:  BADAHBADAH.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  61.3 KB
Old 02-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #8400 
MistersMom

less cloudy picture.
Name:  100_3170.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  73.4 KB

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank