Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #11 
waterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels View Post
I turned off my filter yesterday, going to do a water change today about 25%. Since i turned off my filter, he has a pretty nice bubble nest going on and random bubbles all over!
That kinda proves flow is the problem IMO.

As far as brand of sponge filter, it really doesn't matter. I even make some of my own. You can order them on ebay or amazon for less than $5. They come complete. All you need is an air pump and air tubing. I always suggest getting an inline air control valve so you can adjust the air flow. You just want a slight ripple on the surface over the filter.
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #12 
Kels

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
That kinda proves flow is the problem IMO.

As far as brand of sponge filter, it really doesn't matter. I even make some of my own. You can order them on ebay or amazon for less than $5. They come complete. All you need is an air pump and air tubing. I always suggest getting an inline air control valve so you can adjust the air flow. You just want a slight ripple on the surface over the filter.

yes, im thinking this 10g is going to have to be heavily planted with live plant. This boy HATES water movement! He's gonna be pissed when i do a water change and mess up his bubbles, lol but will thank me later (lets hope)

Going to look for the sponge filter on ebay, better to have it on hand and not use it, then to need it and not have it, and lets be real i have a 5.5 just sitting empty, don't think it will stay empty for long! (have my eye on a pretty while halfmoon )
Kels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #13 
waterdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels View Post
lets be real i have a 5.5 just sitting empty, don't think it will stay empty for long! (have my eye on a pretty while halfmoon )
LMAO an empty tank is just a reason for another trip to the fish store!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #14 
Kels

lol WHITE half moon
Kels is offline   Reply With Quote