Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #1 
Fishy Mom

Baby Female Sorority Pic

Since some people were talking about a baby sorority I thought I 'd post a pic of 3 baby girls in my new sorority. All my babies had color before they were out in this tank & were not as young as some of the babies I've seen at Petco. The green girl is a baby I rescued when she looked to only be about 3 weeks old & spent a long time in a heated gallon tank before she was ready for a sorority. The other girls were labeled baby when I got them later on, but already had color so must have been older. They all have much more growing to do. Ignore the stuff on the bottom of the tank, they were eating the leftovers that fell to the bottom from the tank nibbler snack which is how I was able to get the pic.
Attached Images

Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #2 
MoonShadow

Very cute!! Just be careful at this small size/young age they still have the potential to turn out to be males! So just keep an eye on them as they age! Are they the only fish in the tank? Girls should ideally be in groups of at least 5
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #3 
Fishy Mom

They were in a group of 5 & that didn't work for them. These three seem to live peacefully together. I'm waiting till the other two get a little fattened up before releasing them again. The runt in the back of the pic was nipping their fins. We'll see how it goes. All have a definite egg spot & I know for sure the two bigger ones are girls because they sported their breeding stripes when they were in separate tanks closer to my male. He loved having them so close, lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

Just remember that young males can have "egg spots" too, and males can also display vertical stripes, its a sign of dominance not just breeding. But they are very pretty :)
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #5 
Fishy Mom

Yeah I know about the baby boys & fake egg spots, but the reaction of my adult male & the biggest most dense bubble nest I've ever seen him build said it all, lol. I'm glad though because those two girls really like each other after their initial fight the first day.

The nippy runt in the back I'm not sure of yet. She acts like the other two girls & has the egg spot, but I have to wait I'm guessing about a month or so before I can be sure.