Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #11 
MomaDragonfly

This is the best photo I could manage of him in the current 1 gal tank. I will have to wait a little longer on the new tank because the temp is still adjusting. It ended up dropping to 74. Trying to get it right before I move him. He sits on the bottom like this and doesn't move. Not all the time. But frequently.
Attached Images

MomaDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #12 
Saphira101

He sounds like he's just cold.

Good luck and keep us posted!! :)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #13 
MomaDragonfly

Made the transition into the new tank. He's been swimming all over checking everything out. He keeps going under the filter tho. Back and forth under it. Doesn't seem like He's getting stuck or sucked in but worries me none the less... he flares and goes back and forth. And keeps trying to squeeze behind it. Could the vibration be upsetting him? I worry. Lol. Cant help it.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #14 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

You have a beautiful red veiltail boy!!!!!! He looks so happy in his new tank, I am pretty sure that he was just a bit cold in his one gallon which is probably why he wasn't very active. Now that he is in his new tank I am sure that he will be much happier. As long as he cannot get sucked into the filter do not worry about him because some bettas actually enjoy playing in the current. Well done for giving your boy such a nice home
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #15 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Hey there,

You have a beautiful red veiltail boy!!!!!! He looks so happy in his new tank, I am pretty sure that he was just a bit cold in his one gallon which is probably why he wasn't very active. Now that he is in his new tank I am sure that he will be much happier. As long as he cannot get sucked into the filter do not worry about him because some bettas actually enjoy playing in the current. Well done for giving your boy such a nice home
+1

Great job! Your boy looks super happy. :)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #16 
MomaDragonfly

Thank you!! He is a lot more active in his bigger home!! i love watching him swim around. Thank you both for all the advice!!! I really apperciate it!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #17 
veggiegirl

no problem, always happy to help
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #18 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Beautiful fish and very nice home !!! Could be he is getting behind it trying to find a good place to rest and or sleep, my guy likes to get behind his heater to sleep at night and for his naps during the day. I see you have the Betta Hammock my guy would never really use his I hope your guy will that are nice. The only thing you might want to pick up is a cave like decoration for the bottom of the tank, just make sure it has a big opening so he doesnt get stuck in it.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #19 
MomaDragonfly

That was my next addition to his tank. Haven't found one big enough yet but I'm looking. Thanks!!! So far he hasn't really been interested in the hammock. But its early and It's new. Have to wait and see