Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #31 
louisvillelady

I'm not sure angus, but that does look like a touch of fin rott to me. Good news is, you got him out of the small container filled with yucky water, and into a spacious clean environment! The fact he is unclamped might be a sign he is feeling better, and maybe the fins are on their way to healing. I would put a little salt in his water to help out a little.
louisvillelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #32 
angus

thanks for the reply...shortly after I posted those last pictures part of his bottom fin fell off! I thought fin rot too, but someone else mentioned septicemia. I couldn't get/find meds yesterday for that, but since Monday night I put him in a smaller tank to treat him. I've done 100% water changes since and added aquarium salt. I'm hoping to find medicine today, but if I don't I did order some online which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I don't know if he can wait that long though.

he's doing great minus the fins. he's very alert, swimming around, seems way less stressed, and while he refuses pellets he has been eating flakes. I'm just nervous because if it is septicemia I don't know how fast it progresses or what damage it will do to him long term if I can't get meds today. Like I said though I have an order to be delivered tomorrow.

I'm doing the best I can...I just want him to get better because he's such a lively little guy!
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #33 
angus

Fruity's name is now Phoenix. We decided to rename him because of him coming back to life after being sick.

Phoenix is in a hospital tank still and we've been doing salt and 100% aquarium changes since Monday night. He's eating pellets now, which had me super excited.

here's the latest pic of Phoenix.

He's always had those little curls in this front fins. I don't know if that means anything illness wise, but it doesn't seem to affect him.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #34 
Hadoken Kitty

From what I've read, curling of the fins means hardness in your water. I don't think it's all that bad.

I love his name!!! How awesome. That makes me so inspired for drawing and art and stuff that I can't even do! xD
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #35 
madmonahan

He is adorible! His color has come in a lot!!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #36 
angus

Thanks!

Yes he is changing every day...the first night or two I was pretty sure he wasn't going to make it, but he's a fighter! He's doing so well. I'm just trying to find out the best way to continue treatment for the little guy. I've been doing 100% water changes with the aquarium salt, but I think that's going to stress him out more.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #37 
angus

Phoenix today...we switched to treating him with triple sulfa because he got a tiny new red dot on the bottom of one of his fins. He's still acting like a healthy betta.