Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #1 
Katmassive

Moving from RI to NC

Any moving tips or strategies guys i'll be driving down its about 11 - 12 ride in a couple weeks
Katmassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #2 
InfiniteGlory

Sorry I have no advice on moving. But where are you moving to in NC. I live just outside of Charlotte. Would be cool to meet a fellow member.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 AM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

Have you moved yet? I would put your fish in a container and place it in a cooler insulated with towels. I bought some half gallon canisters with lids from Walmart and I made sure there was air in the containers and I moved my fish in those in a cooler. Most bettas can survive longer trips in less water than that. I would just make sure the car is warm enough and use the cooler to prevent the temperature of the water from jumping around.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #4 
LittleBlueFishlets

You may want to PM DramaQueen. She has a big moved planned, so she might be able to give you info about this.

I've done shorter trips with my guys, and used the same method that Ayala described. I also put a half-filled bottle of water into the cup holder, so that I could watch it and monitor what was happening with the water. I figured that if the water in the bottle didn't slosh, then the water in their cups should be pretty much OK, too.

I'd say that the fish weren't thrilled with the whole thing, but we arrived with everyone intact.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #5 
Katmassive

I moved to raleigh and i did successfully move i left him in his tank stopped overnight and plugged in his heater then drove the following day he made it just fine
Katmassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #6 
Tabbie82

My boys and I moved a few weeks ago. It was a fourteen hour drive. I cupped them, emptied the tanks, put the cups in a box with towels and toe warmers tucked in around them. I replaced the toe warmers every time I stopped for gas since they only lasted a few hours. This worked really well to keep them warm and all the fishies made it to the new house just fine! They are settled in, back in their tanks and have had no problems. The "cups" I used were little tupperware containers that I found at the dollar store and I punched holes into the lids.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #7 
InfiniteGlory

Welcome to NC
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote