Yay Heckles :D
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #12 
CrazyDiamond

:D this place is cool xD
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #13 
karmynflo

Thats totally weird, because I just recently bought a new Betta. I had him in his new tank last night but hadn't added any decor yet. So, today after getting home from the pet store and buying a few cool things... I put the tank together and re-introduced Flo to his new decorated tank. He freaked out, thrashing around! At one point it seemed he was so mad, that he started thrashing at the bottem of the tank strong enough to push all the rocks aside! Took a few minutes, but Flo eventually calmed down. Could his tank be too crowded? (Pic as my avatar displays full tank, decor and Flo!)
karmynflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #14 
MiyuMikaelson

Too hilarious. (I hope he's okay. O.O) What a spunky boy.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #15 
CrazyDiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmynflo View Post
Thats totally weird, because I just recently bought a new Betta. I had him in his new tank last night but hadn't added any decor yet. So, today after getting home from the pet store and buying a few cool things... I put the tank together and re-introduced Flo to his new decorated tank. He freaked out, thrashing around! At one point it seemed he was so mad, that he started thrashing at the bottem of the tank strong enough to push all the rocks aside! Took a few minutes, but Flo eventually calmed down. Could his tank be too crowded? (Pic as my avatar displays full tank, decor and Flo!)

Hmm I wouldn't know what his tude is all about lol Floyd is my beta betta I like to call him, my first one ever so I guess if your little fella calmed down that's a good thing and he was just maybe frightened by all the new decor. But aren't they pretty when they're angry? xD
CrazyDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #16 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmynflo View Post
If he's anything like my male, he doesn't like change, and my male really doesn't handle it well. He doesn't thrash around, but he goes to a corner and sulks. He starts biting his tail and hides a lot more. When I upgraded his 3 gallon to his 5 gallon, I had to try to place his decorations in the almost same spot as they were in the old tank. The only difference was more space, and his thermometer wasn't as close to the surface as it had been before. It threw him for a loop. He bit his tail for a few days and "stalked" his thermometer by pacing back and forth behind it and then would stare at it for long periods of time. He used to sleep on top of it right next to the surface in his old tank, and with its new placement, he couldn't do that. But eventually, he calmed down and found that he could sleep on top of his plant leaves near the surface, and that was even better than the thermometer.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lol wow