Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #21 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobalva View Post
I would leave the gravel in the tank and not clean it too much, since you've already cleaned it, as it makes a good place for BB to reproduce and break down ammonia in the water ( also too clean is just as bad as not clean).

As ayala said too much water change will stress him aswell, either stick with the 100% daily...or do that every other day with 50% change in between.

Also picking a small piece of your hornwork would help the rid ammonia aswell. Since hornwort is fast growing and doesnt need alot of light it'll be just fine...it's a very hardy plant.
F.M.L.... I just literally added him back to the tank... XD
He still has a little bit of gravel, and plenty of place for the BB to grow... I'm going to snip some of my hornwort and put it in there, though I hope the salt doesn't kill it first!

I just got a good look at Bo's side, and it's a raised bump with some white sticking around the edges. Columnaris doesn't do that, does it?
It's like a little node protruding from his side... a bump of sorts. His behavior is still the same, so...

Aquarium salt and double dose of API stress coat is what he's swimming with, right now.
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #22 
Noobalva

Lol nvm dont worry too much about the bb, i just realized since ur tanks isnt filtered then it's gonna take forever for them to reestablish anyway.

Also because hronwort stays at the very top of the water, it isnt exposed to as high concentrations of salt as most would think. Sure there is still salt, but its very hardy and should be able to stay alive - ive got personal experience with this...done it before lol.

And he could be swealling from his body fighting the infection. Ussually espom salt helps with that, but i wouldnt add anything more...could stress him.

Last edited by Noobalva; 02-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Noobalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #23 
Caii

Quote:
Lol nvm dont worry too much about the bb, i just realized since ur tanks isnt filtered then it's gonna take forever for them to reestablish anyway.

Also because hronwort stays at the very top of the water, it isnt exposed to as high concentrations of salt as most would think. Sure there is still salt, but its very hardy and should be able to stay alive - ive got personal experience with this...done it before lol.
Thanks Noobalva ^^
How much should hornwort should I put in?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #24 
Noobalva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caii View Post
Thanks Noobalva ^^
How much should hornwort should I put in?
Up to you, i'd say a branch big enough for him to rest on (like a hammock lol) but small enough that there's still enough surface space for him to breath and swimm freely.
Noobalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #25 
Caii

Quote:
Up to you, i'd say a branch big enough for him to rest on (like a hammock lol) but small enough that there's still enough surface space for him to breath and swimm freely.
Thank you ^^
Should I rinse it first? O.O

Tags
aquarium salt, white spots