Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #41 
hmckin20

Florence wiggles her tail whenever I come around and acts like she's gonna jump up and eat my face. :P A lot of my betta learn to come to the top of the water whenever I tap it- and some of them recognize the container that the food is in and will follow it around whenever I'm getting food out!
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:10 AM   #42 
erinandares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
That would be so cute! One of my ratties is a lip-kisser. Apollo didn't actually get to touch my face, though, because I instinctively jerked back when I saw a fish launching itself into the air towards my eyes. :p But now I really want to train a fish to do that. :p

Don't worry, when I'm at home I feel short all the time. My 17-year-old sister is 6'1".
Oh, god. I'm the oldest sister and the shortest sister ateighteen and five foot seven. My thirteen year old sister is probably six one by now. My twelve year old sister is like, an inch taller than me. So I guess five eight.

My bettas know that Erin's hand= food. When I tap the top of the water, they come wiggling up all cute and happy. Ares is a jumper. When I was doing his last water change, he jumped out of the cup and smashed his poor little face on my bathtub. Dx I almost died because he somehow managed to tatter his fin all up and a big chunk of scales fell off his head. <//3
erinandares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #43 
popcorndeer

popcorn dances when he sees me and he is sooo lould when he eats his food lol
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #44 
Bluelily54

I'm gonna have to try some of this stuff
Captain Barbossa will flare at anything colorful, which I found out while trying to make a makeshift aquarium background out of construction paper of various colors. Every shade of blue, purple, or green I had was offensive. I don't have a mirror for him to flare at, but I've figured out that one of my purple drinking glasses can do the job.
Bluelily54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #45 
Racoon293

My girl reconizes the coffee can and associates it with food. In the morning the top priority is to get the coffee going and while it brews she gets her breakfast.
Her tank is on a bar counter that separates our living room from the kitchen. If you stand on the living room side and look at her she swims up and says hi. If your on the kitchen side and look she gets all excited cause that's the side the food comes from.
Racoon293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #46 
Sunnysuperfish

in my school, there is a vale tail that we consider the class pet. i am the one who takes care of him, although he is my friends(who hates fish-basically all of them do) he backs away from my finger. he won't even do any of the tricks you tell me about. AND we had him since November. the only trick i was able to accomplish was: i shake the food container before i feed him and it got to the point where i just shake it and pretend to drop food and he comes up just to find food. He ALSO has fin rot and I've been treating it with aquarium salt(it's growing back thank goodness). what to do?
Sunnysuperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #47 
Sunnysuperfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorndeer View Post
popcorn dances when he sees me and he is sooo lould when he eats his food lol
that's soooooooo cute! wish my bettas would do the same to me any tips?
thanx!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #48 
SunshineSulie

My Sunshine will jump when I open her tank lid, even if I have no food. She also follows my fingers. If I put my hand up on the wall outside her tank, she will like, snuggle against it, and when I take it away she backs up real slow and looks angry. Lol ol

Super cute.
SunshineSulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #49 
Sunnysuperfish

ahh! my betta nipped my finger to get food! im so excited and happy! AND he followed my finger! talk more when there is more improvement with Sunny/superfish:)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #50 
Blues Human

Red face My Blue LOVED to jump for treats!!

My little Blue used to jump for his treats, too! The first time he did it, I was so surprised! I would always wet the tip of a paperclip or little plastic feeding stick, then use it to pick up a piece of brine shrimp, then drop it on the surface of the water for him. One time, I was talking and I waited too long holding the treat over the water, so he got impatient and jumped out and grabbed it off the paper clip!! From then on I would have him jump for his first treat of the day! But I would always just give him his treats after that one, because I didn't want him to think he HAD to jump for them, he deserved them anyway!!
I miss him so much. He was a great friend to me.
Blues Human is offline   Reply With Quote