Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #21 
Tormented

That part of the reason I am not sure I want to breed, because its not like guppies, bettas have so many more fry. I would hate to kill a lot of them.

Does it being a females first time make her have less eggs? How many eggs do they even lay? I haven't really been able to find good info on that..

I also think Opal isn't a full veiltail, because I have a full veiltail. They look different....

But either way... What would happen if you bred a part crowntail to another part crowntail? ORa a crown tail to a part crowntail?
Tormented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #22 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

There's no such thing as a "part crowntail". Form your pictures, all of your fish are veiltails. And IMO you obviously have no concept of the time and money you need to invest when you breed these fish, or you wouldn't breed "just to get a few." Virgin females usually do have less eggs, and the number that they lay varies depending on the fish itself and how well you conditioned them. Do not kill hundreds of fish so that you can get a few for your own pleasure. Go to the store and rescue a few three doller fish.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote