Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #11 
peas

Nope, they're nematodes. I did extensive research on what they are. Not planaria.

So if it IS the .25ppm ammonia should I remove her until my tank is done cycling? Or should I do water changes everyday with her in there? I don't want to suck the life out of my plant but I also don't want to lose my baby girl.

Also I can't get a good pic that shows the little strands but I can do a diagram of what I'm seeing.

I drew in her pectoral in green because she was moving them and the strands in red.
Attached Images

peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #12 
peas

Sorry, but I would really like it if I could have more help instead of just being left to hang??? I posted a pic/diagram like asked to. And I was left for 21 hours with no help in between, so thanks!

She is not eating at all. I got coppersafe because I've had more people tell me it's the nematodes. I put a bit in with her. It is not planaria.
I also got garlic oil (softgels, squeezed the oil out) and she still will not eat.

She's being a little more active but... I don't know. I'm getting frustrated and stressed more than she probably is.

The QT tank heater isn't good so she's now at 74 degrees. Can I also have a heater recommendation for a 1 gallon? Or do I need to get a new QT tank so I can have a suitable heater?

Is this because she is eggy? Is she getting stressed out because she's eggy? How do females behave when they have eggs and they're not going to be bred?
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #13 
peas

So she died. Thanks.

Tags
betta, female, lethargic