Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #8471 
Agility4fun

Marigold has only been with us for 4 days, so maybe his color will brighten a bit. For now he's more a pale gold with black scales.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #8472 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
This is Alejandro's 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank that I took the rim off of and put in a new light yesterday. Those weird things in the back are craft mesh with moss . . hoping to make mini moss walls. (Might redo those with netting instead of plastic mesh because I'm not sure the moss will grow through). Alejandro is blind so I didn't put any rocks or driftwood .. . most things are soft in there and I hope the dwarf hairgrass will grow in after a while. I made a bunch of moss balls too, some floating and some sinking kind. Everything was just made so that is why you can still see the mesh, etc. The water I add has IALeaves soaking in it so the water is a little bit tea colored. We have amazingly hard water here in Tucson AZ so I try to soften it. There's a heater of course and I am using an Aquaclear 30 instead of the filter it came with.

Last edited by mursey; 02-24-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: messed up
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #8473 
aemaki09

Just re-did my 26 sorority tank. Will be re-doing it AGAIN as soon as I get some time to go to the store and prepare everything for an NPT. But heres what it looks like for now. :)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #8474 
Kiara1125

That cambodian in the middle looks like my boyfriend's female in his 55g. She's the only one in there, but she's in with so much other stuff. She looks EXACTLY like that and is a CT.

Mursey, what happened to Alejandro to make him blind? Also, I LOVE the tank. I made a moss wall, but it ended up not filling in. I stuck it in the ground and the java moss grew out of the mesh and just planted intself in the gravel. I really wanna steal your plants though. lol
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #8475 
mursey

I have no idea what made him blind. I posted several times asking about it here but no one seemed to have any theories except for mine, which was that my DIY shop light was too bright and blinded him. But what is weird is that only one eye turned grey a few weeks ago, and he's been clearly blind for at least months now. You can put food right in his face and he can't see it. No more reaction to me or anything except for movement. I even gave meds for possible popeye but no improvement at all :(

I tried a moss wall before too and it did not work. I realized that the plastic craft mesh is probably in the way. This week I am going to take the top parts off and use finer netting instead and see what happens.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #8476 
mursey

By the way I saw that someone uses unraveled shower scrubbies as netting for moss walls. I am going to get one of those and replace the thick plastic craft mesh with that and it should grow through.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #8477 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
I have no idea what made him blind. I posted several times asking about it here but no one seemed to have any theories except for mine, which was that my DIY shop light was too bright and blinded him. But what is weird is that only one eye turned grey a few weeks ago, and he's been clearly blind for at least months now. You can put food right in his face and he can't see it. No more reaction to me or anything except for movement. I even gave meds for possible popeye but no improvement at all :(

I tried a moss wall before too and it did not work. I realized that the plastic craft mesh is probably in the way. This week I am going to take the top parts off and use finer netting instead and see what happens.
My CT is blind... I believe it was genetic because he doesn't have cloudy eyes. His eyes look totally normal but he definitely can't see, lol, he went blind two months ago..

You can always ask me if you have any questions.. If his eye(s) are cloudy, it probably needs treatment.. I don't think Bahari's blindness is reversible :( he definitely lost some spunk along with his eyesight.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #8478 
Tabbie82

My Boys Tanks

Ok, so here are the tanks I currently have...
Attached Images

Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #8479 
mursey

Thanks AyalaCookieJar!

I did treat him with several things. . actually Methalyne blue seemed to have turned that one eye grey. I will pm you so as not to bore everyone else here :)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #8480 
Kiara1125

Aww ... I think it is genetics. As for the moss wall, I tried type 7 mesh. Same stuff I use to divider my 10g for my three boys. I used to have 5 males, but my favorite purple/yellow marble veiltail (the one my boyfriend gave me after having him for two years) died on Christmas and I had to euthanize my CT due to organ failure. :(

Tabbie, your last betta is GOREGEOUS! And, what's the plant in the left in the third pic?

Last edited by Kiara1125; 02-24-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank