Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #21 
Newbettamommy13

Journal Entry Time!

Mojo's bubblenest has about doubled in size (lengthwise). He's really settled in his new tank quite well and really loves all the new space an particularly his new hiding place! He's made himself a new little routine with it! Every night at around the same time he goes in there to sleep. Sometimes he gets up a little during the night for a little swim around but always goes right back in before morning to get some more sleep! He's just SO cute!

On a completely different note, he does not currently have a heater but as we don't have the money for one right now we hope to get one for as soon as we can afford one.
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #22 
Newbettamommy13

Journal Entry Time!

So, Mojo's built a new bubblenest over to the left side at the front of the tank and lately he's become VERY territorial over it. I try to stand as far from it as I can so I don't upset him cause if I stand near it he swims up and puffs his gills out and does a little dance. I've never seen him do a full flare with his fins all spread out, he just puffs his gills out and dances. He had his first fight (that I know of) with his reflection today. He was dancing around and swimming up and down and then he'd stare at it and repeat but he never actually flared at it so that was kinda weird. That's all for today! I'll be at my dad's house over the weekend so no Journal entries till Sunday night. I will probably post one tomorrow since I leave in the evening but definitely NOT Saturday. See ya then!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #23 
Newbettamommy13

Hey Everyone, (Late, I know) Journal Entry Time!

Not much new to share but figured I should still write what I've got. Been at Disneyland today so don't know what little Mojo did during most of his day but I do know that his bubblenest is getting a bit bigger. He's been working VERY hard at it. As I'm typing this actually, I see that he's adding a bit to it!. Our youngest kitty, Tiger, was watching him last night! So cute with her paws up on the shelf his tank is on. We gotta keep a close eye on her though and door shut at night so she can't watch him unsupervised as she could figure out how to lift the lid off his tank and probably get him. Other than that, nothing new! See ya back here tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #24 
Newbettamommy13

Hey Everyone!
I know I haven't been on in SOOOO long! So, from now on I'm probably only going to write in this journal from time to time, so won't be everyday anymore. Lol, I'm terrible at keping journals, but I will post if anything new or out of the ordinary routine happens. Thanks for reading! Check back from time to time still!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #25 
Newbettamommy13

Hey! What's up everyone?
Sooooo, It's been WAAAAY too long since I've been on here even, let alone posted anything so thought I would now
Mojo gave us quite a scare the other night. He was laying very still at the bottom and we thought he'd died. We found ourselves doing what we hadn't done since we had Pizza, my goldfish who would float upside down and appear dead. We tapped on his tank and even moved his little house just a bit cause we thought he was stuck but he wasn't. Anyways, he started swimming around so we know he's not sick. We now have something else to laugh about, we keep making jokes that Pizza has come back as a betta because he didn't like the idea of us having another fish. lol! :D
Nothing more new. I hope to start posting on here more often so keep checkin' back here for more journal entries!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #26 
Snoeflayke

Have you been able to get him a heater yet?
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #27 
Newbettamommy13

Not yet, hopefully soon.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #28 
Corsica

Can I ask where you found the bee hive decoration? I'd like to get one of those.
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #29 
Snoeflayke

They sell them at Petsmart, but I would be careful with them. I've seen reports that the paint starts to peel after a while...
Snoeflayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #30 
Corsica

Ah ok. Thanks!
Corsica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble nest, journal, male, mojo, veiltail betta