Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #1 
RoMay

Kaoru's trip

Okay first off my room is dark, it's rainy outside, and I just came in from the great outdoors so my glasses are wet and foggy. I just took some vitamin B supplements got a bit on my hands and before I went to wash my hands I wanted to put Karou's second light on. This time it fell in the tank, I over reached hit the tilting tank cover saw something dark fly up into the air and into my empty water glass. It wasn't flopping so I constrained on getting the light out. I got it out and inspected it for damage; then I herd flap flap. It was Kaoru that the lid caught flung into the air and into the water glass (thankfully the water glass because I'd never have found her or herd her for that matter). So is there anything I should be worried about. I really can't see her but I can see her in her corner begging for food again.

Lordy idiots should have bettas :face palm:
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #2 
lillyandquigly

I think she should be fine, how long was she out of water for?
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #3 
RoMay

No more then a half of minute. BTW it is not easy to get a fish out of a empty water glass.

Last edited by RoMay; 02-19-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #4 
lillyandquigly

Lol trust me i know, my betta (may she s.i.p.) one time fell out of her tank when I was moving it or something, it was not easy to get her back in. As long as she's clean, I think she'll be fine. Just jeep an eye on her and if anything weird happens let me know. She might act a little differently for a few days, but that's normal. Just if she gets any weird marks or anything on her
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #5 
RoMay

THere was just water in it, but I've been a bit under the weather, plus like I stated I had some B supplements on my hands. Maybe I should have made a stumble to give her a bath before dumping her back in, but all I have is cold bottled water.

OH poor Kaoru, and she just forgave me for forgetting to plug her heater back in. Now I think Jabi is smarter betta cause she sticks to the bottem period.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #6 
lillyandquigly

just watch out:)
Old 02-25-2013, 04:52 AM   #7 
RoMay

It has been several days since we talked last. She seems to be doing fine, she lost a tad bit of color and then turned into pain when it came to tank cleaning time. However I think she may have knocked a few brain cells loose somewhere along the way. Since the day after this insodent she's been trying to jump out of tank. Yeah she's a jumper but not as much as she keeps trying to do. And not doing any graceful jumps either, she looks like a breaching whale. Magestic for whales; silly looking for bettas.

ON another note durning said insodent I knocked over the paper between tanks so Jabi could see Kaoru and Karou could see Jabi. Guess who started dancing and guess who is filled with eggs-agian. Swear if I didn't have that goldfish in the ten gal I would start a soerity (sp) just to see what Jabi and Karou would do. The divider is up again but to late Jabi looks like a swimming bead agian.

Will never understand why Kaoru dances but never gets eggy :shrug:

Maybe this is because this is the second time she's been dropped... ... >_<
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #8 
lillyandquigly

lol WOW! I love bettas:)
Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #9 
RoMay

Okay I am beginning to get a little paniced by Kaoru's behavior. I really do not know how to discribe it other then she was doing the whole breaching whale thing, now I was holding her food up so she'd jump at it. She'd "jump" persay but all you hear is a slight slap as only her torso hit the top of the water. No matter how much she'd "jump" she'd never get her nose up it's a strait up top of the water slap. Really wish I could take a vid because this is just weird. She's not bloated, her body does curve a little when she floats and her water is at 79. She can see okay dart away okay but seriously this is a weird betta jump she's doing.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

maybe she did just hit her head a little too hard?

Tags
poor thing:(