Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1 
Cathexis

Greetings!

Hello,

I'm Cathexis, a word I like that describes my feelings for fish. Feel free to call me whatever, my real name is Marshall. I have had fish all my life, but only after I entered high school did it become more than a sprinkle of food in the tank every night before bed. Currently I have three tanks, a 36 gallon Bow Front and 2 1.5 gallon tanks.

The 36 gallon is a community tank with a betta(Philly), which makes me strongly think that it depends on the betta for how compatibility works as I often think Philly believes he is a tetra. He's been in there over a week with no problems, but sometimes I wonder if the decorations aren't good for his fins as he likes to spread his fins out and lay against them and he occasionally rests on the gravel bottom. He's solid white with black gills(his beard?) and a pastel bluish-green delta tail. I wouldn't describe the tank as naturally planted as it has bright colored fake plants, but also greens from the real plants in it, so it's a mixture of the two.

Each of the 1.5 gallons are yet to occupy any fish as they were back-ups in case he didn't work out in a community tank and so a certain younger member of the household could say they have their own fish tank. On setting up the 1.5 gallons, any suggestions on a heater that would work? Also, they'll be naturally planted, with either a cave or tunnel as Philly loves swimming through the "coral" tunnel in the 36 gallon.

-Marshall
Cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #2 
tekkguy

Welcome to the board, fellow Texan! Heating 1.5 gallons is dicey but Hydor makes a slim 7.5 watt heater that seems to be ok.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote