Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 
AlfaTheBeta

Question(aqueon evolve 4)

I have an aqueon evolve 4 tank. I set the tank up yesterday, and introduced my fish today. since then i have noticed that the current in the tank is pretty strong. I think i have the filter on the lowest setting and it is still too strong. is there any one who owns this tank that has a fix, to make the filter calmer?
or are there any low flow filters out there?
AlfaTheBeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #2 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaTheBeta View Post
I have an aqueon evolve 4 tank. I set the tank up yesterday, and introduced my fish today. since then i have noticed that the current in the tank is pretty strong. I think i have the filter on the lowest setting and it is still too strong. is there any one who owns this tank that has a fix, to make the filter calmer?
or are there any low flow filters out there?
Rubber band a pre-filter sponge over the outflow part will mute the flow quite a bit, I suggest sponge that looks like a Fluval pre-filter sponge because you can fit the nozzle in the sponge.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #3 
White Mage

You can put a sponge in the outflow.. like the above person said

Last edited by White Mage; 02-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #4 
AlfaTheBeta

thank you for the advice.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #5 
AlfaTheBeta

I have not had time to go to petco and get a sponge, but i messed with the nozzel that puts water back into the main part of the aquarium. It is on a swivel, I found a sweet spot that helps to minimize water flow. I have it aimed up as high as i could get the water to aim, as water comes out it hits the tank wall and Delta has more room to swim with less current.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #6 
AlfaTheBeta

I bought a filter pad, cut it up into the size i needed, rubber banded it around the pump, and stuffed it in the hose that connects the pump to the outflow, It has really helped a lot, now the filter can be on and Delta dosent have to struggle to swim around his tank.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #7 
Picasso84

Cool, thanks for this thread & the info! I am about to set up the Evolve 8, & wondered about the flow! :)
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote