Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #461 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellC View Post
Btw has anyone ever seen shadow ghosts?
Heh, that's all I see. They're EVERYWHERE, I tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #462 
betta lover1507

*bump* haha
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #463 
pittipuppylove

Yup. I'm now seriously considering smudging my dorm room. My wooden clothes drying rack just followed me halfway across the room. And no, it did not snag on the clothes I was wearing - the rack was weighed down by a bunch of semi-wet clothes and I would have felt it snag.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #464 
Tetra4life

Hey all, I haven't posted on this forum in quite awhile, and was just lurking in the thread. I so far only got to page 20 so forgive me if this has been talked about.

My house was built by my parents when I was two so it has no paranormal history what so ever associated with it, however, I am not sure about the property though, but anyway I have been really bored as of late and thought about making a simple Ouija board, how bad of an idea is that really? would there be any harm in it? could it cause my house to become haunted?

Thanks!
Tetra4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #465 
pittipuppylove

Very, very bad idea. Ouija boards are notorious for opening a door for all kinds of things - good, bad, and ugly - and once they get there, they may not want to leave. Doesn't matter if your house and/or land is free of spirits or not - it's like screaming from the rooftops that you're asking for spirits to come make themselves at home.

Last edited by pittipuppylove; 02-26-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #466 
Elsewhere

Oh I have found my people. Ghosts. *Shudder*. Let me start off that I give tours at a supposedly haunted house and it is part of my job to tell "ghost stories" that I 100% believe. I have had a number of scares there and only one other in my whole life. The one other:

I was in an old bookstore and went up to the third floor for some reason. I dunno, I kind of felt... Called there. Once I got to my destination, I began browsing the bookshelves. I swear to whoever is out there, something tapped my back. I whipped around and nothing. I looked over at a door to an office and it started freaking out and turning, but it was bolted. From the outside. The tapping on my shoulder got worse and I heard breathing. I felt something awful in the pit of my stomach and went for the stairs, where my dad was just coming up. He asked me if I was ready to leave and I said "YUP LET'S GO" and sprinted a block to the car. We went on a ghost walk that night, and they said that the bookstore was haunted (I found out AFTER the story it was the same store we were in) and that a girl had been murdered and buried in the basement. No one ever found her body and it is said she still asks people to find her, but only on the top floor. Where I was.

Second story:

At the place I work, a LOT of people have died, mostly naturally, but never ever a single child. Ever. When I was little my grandfather ran the theater in town, which was on the same property as the house. I was at a show and went outside for a second. I walked around for a bit and suddenly looked up for no reason. There was a little girl, about my age at the time, staring at me, smiling. She waved and I waved. She looked like she was in the play I was watching, which had "funny old clothes". She turned and disappeared. I went inside and FREAKED OUT.

Third story:

There is a HUGE LONG TEN MINUTE STORY about the main reason the place I work for is haunted. Basically, someone didn't pay someone and died and ended up in that person's basement and haunted them (in the 1800s). There is a "haunted hallway" where the original owner would pace back and forth all the time. There is a small room off of that hallway, and I was in the room examining a picture when a black mass crossed behind the bed in the mirror. I instantly felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest and stomach and fled the room, running down the stairs and into the kitchen below. I physically CANNOT go into that hall, room or back "nanny's room" by myself. I will shake so much I collapse and freak out and scream not to. I can't force myself to. People have also had little girls tell them how they died in the nanny's room, even though no little girls ever died there. There are numerous dolls in that room, and I personally believe that the spirits are attached to the dolls.

Fourth story:

The girl I work with at the house and I are always alone when we're there. There is NEVER anyone upstairs unless one of us is and the same with downstairs. We were sitting in the front entrance, waiting for a tour, and there were loud stomping footsteps above us. We called to see if there was someone there, and they just got louder until they reached the stairs and stopped.

Fifth story:

I was answering a phone call and talking to a woman about her visiting. She asked me a question, and suddenly there was a man's voice saying loud and incomprehensible things in the phone. He stopped, and I asked the woman if that was someone on her end. She said no and that she though he was on my end. I calmly and carefully asked her to repeat her previous question and acted like nothing happened.

A lot of people criticize me, as I do not believe in God. Just my personal beliefs, I believe in evolution. I also believe in ghosts. They say if you believe in ghosts you must also believe in God or some other wordly spirit of some sort. I respond with "Nope. I believe in evolution and that some people just get stuck behind in some molecular way and become ghosts." Simple answer. Ghosts are there, and they honestly scare me. Why am I working at a haunted house? I ask myself that every time I go to work.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #467 
Tetra4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Very, very bad idea. Ouija boards are notorious for opening a door for all kinds of things - good, bad, and ugly - and once they get there, they may not want to leave. Doesn't matter if your house and/or land is free of spirits or not - it's like screaming from the rooftops that you're asking for spirits to come make themselves at home.
How bad could the consequences of that be? believe me, I am not one to mess around with this. I know a few people who have gotten into serious trouble "dabbling" in stuff like this, but they generally dwelled on it and let things come into their minds. Would we just be talking about things coming into the house? or worse? what if I did it at a neutral location?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #468 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra4life View Post
Hey all, I haven't posted on this forum in quite awhile, and was just lurking in the thread. I so far only got to page 20 so forgive me if this has been talked about.

My house was built by my parents when I was two so it has no paranormal history what so ever associated with it, however, I am not sure about the property though, but anyway I have been really bored as of late and thought about making a simple Ouija board, how bad of an idea is that really? would there be any harm in it? could it cause my house to become haunted?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post

I agree with pittipuppylove, ouija boards are not toys, even if you think you can place a shield for protection It Will Not Work. What kind of experiences have caused you to want to find out if your place is haunted? a feeling? If i were you I would ask those who have lived in the area for a long time, find out by maybe going to the library or some place they hold records of the property. Please dont play with a ouija board out of boredom. For your safety, for the safety of your family I am going to plead that you dont for whatever reason play with one.
Thank you
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #469 
Tetra4life

So would using one in an off site location, and/or with several people make it safer at all?

Maybe I'll stick to good ole' solitaire as my go to table top boredom busting game
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #470 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra4life View Post
How bad could the consequences of that be? believe me, I am not one to mess around with this. I know a few people who have gotten into serious trouble "dabbling" in stuff like this, but they generally dwelled on it and let things come into their minds. Would we just be talking about things coming into the house? or worse? what if I did it at a neutral location?
There may not be such thing as a "neutral location." Spirits can and will attach themselves to you - I currently have at least one very non-friendly spirit that has been following me around for over a year. This thing has followed me from my hometown to school three hours away and back, tried to freak me out and get me into a car accident, gotten me hospitalized (not from the car incident), and moved objects in my dorm room. I have never done anything to ask spirits to come anywhere near me - they did this without help.

And I don't know your friends, so I can't say for sure, but they may not have started out wanting dwelling on the paranormal. They can get into your head, drag you into things, and get you into some horrible things. I'd never reccomend purposely getting involved in this stuff just for the heck of it.