Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #58421 
ThePearlFish

I just ate like 7 tag a longs in a row and have only 3 left O.O...
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #58422 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Uhm... does this look good to anyone else? OR just me?

http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-pets-acce...AdIdZ460076741
Is Kijiji like the Canadian/Northern version of Craigslist in America?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #58423 
djembekah

Pretty much i think Kitty

i lahv breakfast sandwiches
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #58424 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow- what just happened.. Zara tried to take Mocha's blanket, most violent response out of Mocha ever.. Crazy snarling and growling, Mocha jumped on her and grabbed her neck and tried to rip her apart.. But I stopped it and Zara is fine.. Mocha is normally pushed around by Zara and Zara gets the toys from Mocha no problem, but I guess the blanket is a different story.. I remember Mocha used to growl when I touched her blanket but everytime she did I'd take it away and she learned eventually.. She's definitely got some sort of OCD over blankets if that's possible.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #58425 
djembekah

That's insane Limp. poor Mocha has something going on in her head...
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #58426 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

She does, she has that thing where she suckles the blankets so I guess it makes sense that she's protective.. I'm the only one that can touch her when she does it and even then she gets pretty tense.. I was told it's best to just leave her be with it. :/

And now they are eating from the same bowl. xD
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Olympia; 02-27-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #58427 
ThePearlFish

I am in a REALLY strange giddy mood right now, it is a little scary :P

Maybe I absorbed a little too much glue through my skin during the making of this project..chems be making me act silly? o.O nahhh..

It IS a strange mood I am in though. I want to laugh for no reason. :P

But Imma cry soon cus I have to start studying for my A&P exam Saturday :(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #58428 
LittleBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
She does, she has that thing where she suckles the blankets so I guess it makes sense that she's protective.. I'm the only one that can touch her when she does it and even then she gets pretty tense.. I was told it's best to just leave her be with it. :/

And now they are eating from the same bowl. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Be careful with the blanket sucking (I'm assuming these are dogs). One of our girls does it and became extremely obsessive with it. We had to stop her doing it as she and our other unspayed girl had a massive fight over it once or twice and it became a very big source of tension between them. I would take the blanket off her and stop her doing it.

We found our girl would do it for hours at a time and it didn't strike us as a particularly healthy habit. Although our girl would let me come over and do whatever while she was sucking.

Also be careful of two girl dogs fighting. B,itch - B,itch aggression can escalate incredibly quickly and once two girls hate each other they can never be left unsupervised together as it is not unknown for one to be killed or seriously injured.

Now we have two unspayed girls living together we can really see it. As soon as one comes into or out of heat you have to be right on top of even a sideways glance as that's all it can take for a fight to start.

Otherwise when they are playing or in the car or going for walks they are fine.

My mum got her leg bitten (she fell down the stairs with the dogs while they were fighting so one caught her by accident) last time they fought.

We don't let our dogs resource guard. I have found in the past that is the biggest starter of fights. Because you just know the other dog is itching to come and take whatever is being guarded.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #58429 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Be careful with the blanket sucking (I'm assuming these are dogs). One of our girls does it and became extremely obsessive with it. We had to stop her doing it as she and our other unspayed girl had a massive fight over it once or twice and it became a very big source of tension between them. I would take the blanket off her and stop her doing it.

We found our girl would do it for hours at a time and it didn't strike us as a particularly healthy habit. Although our girl would let me come over and do whatever while she was sucking.

Also be careful of two girl dogs fighting. B,itch - B,itch aggression can escalate incredibly quickly and once two girls hate each other they can never be left unsupervised together as it is not unknown for one to be killed or seriously injured.

Now we have two unspayed girls living together we can really see it. As soon as one comes into or out of heat you have to be right on top of even a sideways glance as that's all it can take for a fight to start.

Otherwise when they are playing or in the car or going for walks they are fine.

My mum got her leg bitten (she fell down the stairs with the dogs while they were fighting so one caught her by accident) last time they fought.

We don't let our dogs resource guard. I have found in the past that is the biggest starter of fights. Because you just know the other dog is itching to come and take whatever is being guarded.
+1 to this. NEVER let a dog obsess over something. It WILL bite you. It isn't good. This is how dogs can become insanely aggressive and harmful to not only you but itself and everything around it.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #58430 
LittleBettaFish

Well our youngest growls at the other dogs if she is having her food prepared or has one of her favourite toys out. However, I don't think she would ever dream of even raising a hackle in either mine or my mum's direction.

I do trade-offs with her. If she is guarding her toy, I bring over a treat and swap it for the toy which then gets put away. If she is guarding the food preparation area from our male, I call him over and make them sit and stay next to each other and when she is being good, I give them both a piece of kibble.

I think though if the dog tenses up when you go over and she is suckling the blanket, it may have the possibility of escalating further.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese