Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #58471 
Sakura8

*stalks Silverfang, steals some shrimp*

Aww, yeah, sorry about the journal. If a thread hasn't been posted in for more than 90 days, it gets closed so people don't necropost. ><

Happy to give advice. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM   #58472 
Micho

Here are some major issues that I have.

In my 2.5g NPT everything is alright, but the tank walls is covered in hard water stains, you cannot see through them. I've tried several times to wipe them off when I lowered the water level during water changes but no luck. I might just redo the whole tank and use some vinegar and some hard scrubbing to get it off. :l But what material to I use to wipe the stains with?

I would use the green side of a kitchen sponge (the side you use to get tough stains off), but I know they're not aquarium safe.

Two issues with my 10g NPT right now, a) duckweed has overtaken my tank somehow and I realized it too late, a lot of my plants have died to the duckweed overtaking it and blocking the light. Most of my tall background plants are gone, and I need new plants, my bulbs are 2 10 watts 6500k ones. So I need new plants and I need a way to get rid of the duckweed, manually straining the water with a fish net has been somewhat working, but it doesn't get every single one out and they just keep reproducing.

Who has battled the might foe duckweed before? Also due to the duckweed too my water wisteria has evolved into this hideous form, the leaves are no longer luscious and somewhat small now.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #58473 
djembekah

Hmm Micho. idk about hard water stains. you might have to clean it with something unsafe, bleach the hell out of it, then let it sit a few weeks, clean with vinegar, rinse the hell out of it. or see if you can invest in a new empty 2.5 if its a standard one.

I haven't battled duckweed, though I've got salvinia. i just pull as much as i can out when i can. i may try to get rid of all my floating plants in order to encourage my stems. idk yet though. i love my frogbit.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 AM   #58474 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Dogs are weird. Sometimes I love the isanity, like if I make funny noises she gets crazy happy and runs around. xD I was told I'm lucky that she sucks blankets, other people told me their dogs turned into flank suckers over time which is unhealthy and they do hurt themselves with it. One vet told me she had dog come in that did it so much he was hairless there and had a permanent rash. :/ I don't know I would guess they put it on doggie prozac at that point...!But no I am not much of a dog person and they're part of the reason I wanna move out. xD

School today.. Poop.. Test tomorrow, probably won't be on later..
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #58475 
Yuuie

morning all had a nice sleep today.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #58476 
blu the betta

morning yuuie.
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #58477 
Yuuie

well off to work i got have a good day everyone
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #58478 
FishyFishy89

speaking of floaters, those floater you gave me Bekah, are doing pretty great in the 75. I believe I've seen some growth.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #58479 
FishyFishy89

ROFL
The answer under 1 is spot on too xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #58480 
djembekah

Yay floaters!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese