Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #11 
KnzD

Looks nice but just make sure the stand is the right dimension for your tank!
KnzD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #12 
AkaRyu

I haven't purchased a tank yet I'm researching everything and looking at prices to make sure I do this right the first time!

My boyfriend and I tried to have a bearded dragon, but we didn't do our research and just bought a baby dragon and a starter kit and ran with it. Needless to say, the baby didn't last very long So we returned the kit and decided it was too expensive to keep a bearded dragon.
AkaRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #13 
Otterfun

Pet smart has a 10g tank kit and stand (wooden cabinet) for $120
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #14 
kulain

Actually I have a 5.5g on top of that book case >_> It seems to be ok so far. I wouldn't put anything heavy on the boards in between though, it would be 1. difficult to do water changes / rearrange the tank and 2. the pegs that hold up the boards are not trustworthy. My other 5g is on top of a metal filing cabinet...
kulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #15 
bethyMT

Hey, I have tanks in my kitchen! It's not wierd....lol! Maybe it is. I just kept them away from food prep areas and my family and my fish hang out all the time.

Actually, a tank in the kitchen is good because you will probably be in the kitchen a lot, and you will be able to see a lot of your fish, and he'll be able to see a lot of you. My boys seem to appreciate the activity.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #16 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyMT View Post
Hey, I have tanks in my kitchen! It's not wierd....lol! Maybe it is. I just kept them away from food prep areas and my family and my fish hang out all the time.

Actually, a tank in the kitchen is good because you will probably be in the kitchen a lot, and you will be able to see a lot of your fish, and he'll be able to see a lot of you. My boys seem to appreciate the activity.
+1
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #17 
White Mage

IKEA has great furniture, but it's a bit cheap and probably wouldn't hold a 10G tank. You could probably put a 5gal long on the TOP SHELF but not on the middle/lower ones. The top shelf has more support and getting a long would spread out the weight evenly on the shelf instead of all centered which can cause it to bend/break.

I have a tall IKEA bookshelf and tried to put a 5gal on the middle shelf but halfway full the shelf started to bend a bit so I just put the tank on my much sturdier dresser.

Last edited by White Mage; 02-28-2013 at 01:02 PM.
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote