Bravo! Seriously.
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #12 
Crowntails

Beautiful tank! Wow :)
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #13 
colorxmexravyne

Thank you both! (: I can't wait until I can put my betta in it, though!
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #14 
colorxmexravyne

So, my tank has EXPLODED with plants haha. The anacharis that used to be in the left corner has more or less taken over the tank and the water sprite on the right is out of control. o.o The giant hygro in the middle has also gotten a lot fuller, but you can't see that because of the anacharis blocking the view. You also can't see because I have a lot more floating plants on top now and they're blocking out the light (and because the first one was taken in better lighting). This, along with the anacharis mob squad, is causing some issues as far as even distribution of light is concerned and some of my plants are losing their bottom leaves so I'll have to do something about this soon.

updated flora: added pennywort, more ludwigia (although I'll probably be getting rid of most of it), pygmy chain sword, java moss, giant duckweed, and dwarf water lettuce.
  • I had to get rid of all but two stems of the bacopa caroliniana because it just wasn't faring well in my tank for some reason.
  • Two of the dwarf sags weren't doing well either, so they got tossed as well. They, however, were replaced with the pygmy chain sword though.

updated fauna: my betta's finally in the tank! i've also got about 10 MTS in there now. My mystery snail will be going in there soon. The pond & ramshorn snails that had previously been in the tank have all been picked out and are now in my betta's old 1 gal bowl.

This weekend I'm gonna thin out the anacharis/water sprite, pull out all of the dead leaves that the ludwigia & giant hygro shed, and see about filling that left corner back in again. There's just a bunch of naked stems in there now and it's bothering me.
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote