Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 05:16 AM   #11 
Freyja
Banned

@Mal72 you need a filter in order to cycle your tank because that's where most of your BB will be. Plus 100% WC on a 10g planted tank is a logistics nightmare.

@mursey A sorority needs a minimum ten gallons, twenty is better.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #12 
Mal72

According to Drama Queen's sorority thread, 10 gallons is the minimal for a sorority.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #13 
Hadoken Kitty

Look what I came home to in my sorority....
Attached Images

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #14 
Mal72

Uh oh Hadogen Kitty! Do you know which one of them did it?

Here's a picture of my gutted tank. I say gutted because this was before I added water, a heater, live plants, and a filter a month ago.Lol. Does it look okay so far? It's a really bad picture, I'm sorry.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #15 
Hadoken Kitty

Can't tell. I know they're all girls. I looked em over really thoroughly. Girls make bubble nests too. Just....Kinda big for a girl I think. Though it wouldn't be the first time a girl of mine has made a bubble nest. This really doesn't help my paranoia that all of my girls, no matter how many times I check, will miraculously become boys. :P
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #16 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
Can't tell. I know they're all girls. I looked em over really thoroughly. Girls make bubble nests too. Just....Kinda big for a girl I think. Though it wouldn't be the first time a girl of mine has made a bubble nest. This really doesn't help my paranoia that all of my girls, no matter how many times I check, will miraculously become boys. :P
Haha, that's funny.

I would be paranoid too! I have a split tank with a male and female in it. I've tried separated them, but they both freak out when I do--even during water changes, it's weird. They have to see each other--otherwise they will try to hit the top of the cup. Anyway, once I was trying to get the female into a cup (already had the male contained and sure enough he was freaking out) and she was not cooperating. I tried to "scoop" her and she darted...through the divider onto his side of the tank with no problems. She is still very young and small, but needless to say I was super paranoid. I resecured the divider and have never had any issues, but I still have no idea how it moved. Now I'm always making sure it's okay...I'm not trying to have babies or anything...