Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #1 
TaylerHill

How to reduce betta reflection in tank?

My betta Moe is a very fiesty boy. He spends all day fighting his reflection on the sides of his tank. He doesn't fully fare but he spreads out and darts back and forth and even at the reflection sometimes. He is in a 1.5 gallon plastic tank made by Tetra. I don't have a light on his tank because I've notice he doesn't like bright lights. He fights his reflection during the middle of the day when there is only natural light in the room and at night when I have the overhead light in my room turned on. Is there any way I can reduce his reflection? Or is it the type of tank?
TaylerHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #2 
GoodMorning

use a white background. I've used just plain white paper before.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #3 
aemaki09

Yup, really anything as a background will help. I use towels, some people use construction paper and trash bags. It's not a necessity to be white either (I think it might be a more benificial color, but nt necessary)

You can also get dimmer lights to help.

There's never going to be a way for you to be able to cut back a bettas reflection 100% but there are definitely ways to help a bit
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote