Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #11 
gorillakev

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Welcome! And great job taking in your first rescue!! I run a small rescue and always have a couple rescues at any given time, I would be happy to help you out in any way that I can!
Thank you
gorillakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #12 
gorillakev

Unfortunately my betta had passed away in the morning. Upon the second day of having him I realized that he had fin rot. I immediately transferred him to my 5 gallon qt tank and treated him with aq salt and did 50/50 water change every hour. Tank was a good 80. Couple hours passed and it got worse and fins started to fall off or dissapear then there was a fungus growth starting at the end of the body. so I went to Lfs and got jungle fungus clear. Went home and saw he was still active and swimming around. I immediately put half a tab in and see how he was acting for the next couple hours. No change other than he was still swimming around. I went to sleep thinking the meds are working since he doesn't seem in active at any point. Then in the morning I looked and saw that he was dead. Man that sucks RIP Blu...

On a side note when I used to have have Bettas before I always used to treat fin rot and fungus with methaline blue and it worked great even at advanced stages of fin rot. I was trying to look for it at the Lfs but they didn't carry it.

he was only a week a away from being in his new permanent home. Me thinking that a temp 1 gal heated setup would be ideal for a temporary home till his new home was cycled.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #13 
Ted

Hey Kev,

I'm so sorry to hear about Blu's passing. :(

You are to be commended for doing all you could in your efforts to save him. Your next Betta will be extremely fortunate to be part of your life! :)
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #14 
Ted

I'm curious...what fish store do you go to in San Jose? Is Dolphin Pet Village still around, or do you go to Andy's?

I'm trying to find one hear in the north. The one in Sunnyvale has closed down. It's a shame, really.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #15 
Agility4fun

Welcome Gorillakev! Bummer about your rescue. There's a real nice LFS here in SJ you can send me a message and I'll send you the info.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #16 
Agility4fun

Hi Ted, no Dolphin Pet Village shut its doors. By Sunnyvale place, do you mean Aquatic Life Forms? If so, he was going to open an online store for exotics. There is a nice LFS in SJ. Good selection and variety of fish and plants.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #17 
eaturbyfill

Welcome to the forum! :D
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #18 
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Hi Ted, no Dolphin Pet Village shut its doors. By Sunnyvale place, do you mean Aquatic Life Forms? If so, he was going to open an online store for exotics. There is a nice LFS in SJ. Good selection and variety of fish and plants.
Hi Agility,

I can't recall if it was Aquatic Life Forms. I believe it was on Mary Avenue. :)

I'd be interested in the LFS in San Jose too, please.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #19 
Agility4fun

Ted,

Sent you a message.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #20 
gorillakev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted View Post
I'm curious...what fish store do you go to in San Jose? Is Dolphin Pet Village still around, or do you go to Andy's?

I'm trying to find one hear in the north. The one in Sunnyvale has closed down. It's a shame, really.
I recently started going to all of the Lfs around me. Dolphin is closed and Andy's closed a whie back. I was about to go to the Sunnyvale place also, thanks for the heads up.