Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #11 
aemaki09

From what I have seen of his, he or they is or are really good breeders. I would trust that he doesn't have the deformity if its their fish.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #12 
Vizja13

This is hard xP I really love the colors, and it would be sooo much better than a pair from Petsmart (HMxCT too >.>) BUT it would be almost $100 and I'd be nervous about the spines.

Someone else buy them and remove temptation!!!
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #13 
aemaki09

Why not contact the seller and see if he can send you another picture of this boy? They usually are pretty accommodating. I always ask the seller for a picture of a sibling female when I am thinking abou buying and they have it to me within a day. I'm sure they would with this male too. (I really like him lol I want you to get him)

Like I said I honesty don't think that this seller would sell deformed fish. I really don't.

It is really expensive to import, which is why I haven't done it yet, but its definitely worth it when you see the fish!

There are some people in the US that sell imports secondhand. I think hopdiggitty-something on AB does that. So does fishlover007, but he doesn't have any bettas right now. Fishlover007 is actually the importer in FL. Just something to look into if you need something cheaper. I got my avatar and the girl in my spawn log from fishlover, he doesn't get matching pairs so you just gotta look for what woul go with them best with their fish.

There are also a decent amount of good breeders in the US. I buy from chard56 a lot and have only been disappointed 1x and that was because i got DOA's. bettascapes, basement bettas, and polukoff also have some great fish but they aren't the fancy type that you get from importing.

Just some suggestions if you decide not To go this route!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #14 
Vizja13

I think, actually, that it is only a few dollars difference, US vs. Import. The biggest cost is the US shipping ($35 dollars per box...bleh). I have looked at some of them though, and this is honestly the first fish that has really caught my eye.

Do you know if sellers sometimes do discounts on pairs?

Is there any other issue on these two I should be aware of,.other than the males spine?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #15 
Dragonlady

His body shape, finnage, and overall balance is nice. He appears to be in motion in the photo. I would be more concerned if his spine was not flexible. Can you imagine if you could not touch your feet to your head? lol With some work and careful breeding, you could have some very nice tricolor butterflies from him.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #16 
Vizja13

So he is worth getting? Now just to talk the parents into letting a pair of really expensive fish in the house...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #17 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Those are so nice. I do not believe he is deformed. If you end up buying and breeding them, can you ship to Canada?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #18 
Vizja13

If you can help me with transshipping, I'm more than willing to try :)
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #19 
MoonShadow

I like the pair, I too believe he is in motion, and I've seen a lot of bettas who curve their body a bit when they flare. If you are very concerned email the seller and ask for more pictures. Are you looking to breed for show? If so I would worry about the long anals, even the females is a little long and there's a good change they will produce offspring with long anals which is not a trait that will win in shows!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #20 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizja13 View Post
I think, actually, that it is only a few dollars difference, US vs. Import. The biggest cost is the US shipping ($35 dollars per box...bleh). I have looked at some of them though, and this is honestly the first fish that has really caught my eye.

Do you know if sellers sometimes do discounts on pairs?

Is there any other issue on these two I should be aware of,.other than the males spine?
Costs WAY more. $20 Thai fish + $5 to get to transhipper. Then $24.40 to get from transshipper to you. $20 U.S. fish, then $15 shipping+handling + $2.00 heat pack.

These are my most recent numbers, as I have purchased from both. Though I bought a $30 Thai fish, and a $35 U.S. fish at one point as well.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote