Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #21 
Vizja13

Oh...well in that case there is a difference. Most of the US fish I've seen (and liked) have been only a $7, or thereabouts, difference from Thai...weird.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #22 
Vizja13

So would something like this be a safer bet?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #23 
Hadoken Kitty

He's a really nice PK. I like him! He's 4 ray, right? I think I counted that in one section of his branching, though he's dominated by 2 rays so idk...that part I still don't have clear.

Anyways, if you have a facebook, send a request to join Lone Star Bettas. A lot of American Sellers have joined that group and I just purchased my most recent females from a seller who is also in that group (referred to me by another betta lover). Here's an example of the quality. This is the girl I just purchased. White line of bettas.
Attached Images

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #24 
Vizja13

She is pretty O.O Going to join now.

SO if I can get him and a sibling female, would that be good stock to start breeding from?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #25 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
There are also a decent amount of good breeders in the US. I buy from chard56 a lot and have only been disappointed 1x and that was because i got DOA's. bettascapes, basement bettas, and polukoff also have some great fish but they aren't the fancy type that you get from importing.
I second basement bettas, for what it's worth! Carlos and Sherolyn are awesome. There's a show coming up this month here in Texas, so I'm not sure what they've got ready before the show. I do know that they are spawning my fish's offspring right now, and are expecting some really beautiful fry from that spawn to be ready in about 3 months. For what it's worth!
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #26 
Vizja13

Thanks Tekkguy :) I am looking at what's available on aquabid right now, and will monitor for awhile to see if I find anything really eye catching
Old 03-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #27 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizja13 View Post
Thanks Tekkguy :) I am looking at what's available on aquabid right now, and will monitor for awhile to see if I find anything really eye catching
I noticed when I was "fishing" that a lot of the US breeders are not listing what they have available on AB as much. Helps to just shoot them an email and check into what they have.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #28 
Hadoken Kitty

If it means anything...if I knew the quality of fish that american breeders can give, I would've looked at them as equally as much (if not more) than the Thai sellers on AB. But, yes, if you want to breed PK, then I would get him and a sibling. Just don't rush yourself. You'll know when you really can't stop yourself from starting/continuing a line. I would get an idea of a fish that you want, without pictures, and then look on AB for parents to lead towards that fish. This may mean using siblings, or finding a random pair.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote