Vincent is very cute!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #14 
blu the betta

vinnie the mouse is so cute!!
blu the betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #15 
LaLaLeyla

Vincent is a baby rat. That picture was when I first got him. He was recently weaned and really small. He's alot bigger now.
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #16 
Viva

Pic overload + way too long of a story

Sorry for pic overload, but I really miss my rats right now :( I've had a total of 5 rats, keeping a maximum of 4 at a time in a large cage. They have since all passed and I don't plan on getting any more..I sold their cage and everything.

They were so fun to watch and I have LOTS of videos of them on my Youtube channel.

My first two rats were just regular Fancy rats, Zoey and Rochelle (I always just called her Fatty because she was the biggest rat of them all) named after the female characters in the Left 4 Dead video games. I think they were sisters because the were both in the same cage when I got them at Petsmart. They both developed numerous mammary tumors around 2 years of age and passed 6 months later on the same exact day. Here they are cuddling:

After getting a larger cage than what I started with I got 2 more rats, a Hairless/Sphinx and a Dumbo and slowly introduced them. The hairless I named Pinky and the Dumbo was named Princess Peach, but I called her all sorts of nicknames because she was my favorite. I called her precious/presh or fluffy/fluff most of the time. She was the sweetest creature on the planet, not going to lie. She would sleep in my bathrobe pocket for hours while I played video games at my computer. She would groom my hands all the time and was also VERY excitable and VERY intelligent. She learned to jump to my hand from a cage 2 feet away, learned to spin on verbal command and would "popcorn" like CRAZY when I tickled her head (there's videos of all this on my Youtube channel if you want to see some cuteness! They were uploaded a couple years ago so you'll have to search through my newer cat and betta videos to find them =P).

Both Pinky and Princess Peach suffered from respiratory issues. Pinky developed pneumonia and died in a few days..it was horrible to watch. Princess Peach was worse. She had respiratory disease and once she got one infection she never fully recovered. She had a hard time breathing for many months despite the constant antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication I got from my vet. It was heart breaking to watch her gasp for air for such a long period of time. I could tell she didn't want to leave this earth and she fought the disease for a long time, while never losing her loving, sweet spirit. I buried her at my parent's house and their dog dug her body up and ate her. Dogs are so disgusting.

She would eat treats on her back in the palm of my hand. The video of it is here.:

Pinky passed within 9 months of getting her, so I added Ruby, an odd-eyed Dumbo in with Zoey, Fatty and Princess Peach. She kept to herself for the most part. Zoey, the dominant rat, would beat her up sometimes because she annoyed her a lot...lol. This is Ruby as a baby cuddling with Princess Peach:

Then just random pics of all the rats:

photo sharing websites

Again, sorry for the overload. R.I.P. little ratties!!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #17 
Bombalurina

Viva, you have some gorgeous girls!

Thought I had better upload this adorable triptych of D'Artagnan being gorgeous and sneaky. He's one of the boys in my avatar, and as you can see, he's all grown up now (2.5 yrs).
Attached Images

Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #18 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Viva, you have some gorgeous girls!

Thought I had better upload this adorable triptych of D'Artagnan being gorgeous and sneaky. He's one of the boys in my avatar, and as you can see, he's all grown up now (2.5 yrs).

Thank you, you're boy is soooo cute! I love big, snuggly ratties :D They're just adorable when they're all cuddled up in their hammock.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #19 
gn3ranger

So cute I love seeing these pictures.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

Cute pics, everyone. :D

Viva, the first pic of your 2 rats remind me of Yin and Yang sorta. xD I'm sorry they passed, though.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote