Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #16801 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post

I hate how my grandmother thinks that because I was born female, my rightful place is cooking, cleaning and looking pretty. My focus is most often on my fish, or creating things, and now on getting fit. It's not on making the bed perfectly, it's not on pleasing my man -- we tend to please each other because we're in a relationship, and that's what we do, not because it's my job as the owner of this particular kind of private parts.
^^this part of the post..

Yea, because it's not like we are living in the 21st century or anything (obvious sarcasm)..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #16802 
GoodMorning

hehehe...
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #16803 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
^^this part of the post..

Yea, because it's not like we are living in the 21st century or anything (obvious sarcasm)..
I think that's what it is. My grandma and I are on speaking terms again but this happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. It just gets SO exhausting. Even being on medicine doesn't seem to help. Though medicine can only do so much about a constant situation. -sigh-

I'm really sorry Sparrow that you're going through that too. God forbid our grandparents meet. My grandma isn't so much a homophobe by any means, but it just sucks to be treated like that daily. Then my grandpa's never around for any of this, so when he confronts me about it and I try to stick up for myself it's like a viscous circle. Of course he'd never understand my position, because it's his wife. That and I'm the grandchild. I don't know ay better.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #16804 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
$8.25? I knew you got worse wages than us in the US but that's criminal. :S
It is criminal. At least if feels that way. I quit today with no notice. I could have given notice but I don't want my studies to slip. I got myself back up to an A average after working for my two days off. I need a job with set hours at least not this go home at almost ten at night and get up at five a.m. crap. I can't stand it. Tonight when I was scheduled to work I got to go and have a nice relaxing time and enjoy my pregnant sister-in-law who is due in a week. Now, I also get to be there when the baby is born. Yea!
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #16805 
ThePearlFish

Once you finish your studies, you can finally find a job that actually appreciates you. I hate these crappy, "we can do whatever we want to this girl cus she is nice and PT" jobs... I am soo looking forward to when I am done with this degree and can get a REAL job..>.>
Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #16806 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Once you finish your studies, you can finally find a job that actually appreciates you. I hate these crappy, "we can do whatever we want to this girl cus she is nice and PT" jobs... I am soo looking forward to when I am done with this degree and can get a REAL job..>.>
What is really pathetic about this place is the store manager who is three levels above what my position was only makes ten dollars an hour. And they wanted me to stay so I could try and get a management position later. Ha, no thanks. I do wish the store manager the best of luck. She is a good manager but she doesn't seem to understand people have lives outside of work.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #16807 
ThePearlFish

Yea, it is sad.

Especially since 10.00 BARELY can even do more than make rent nowadays...>:/
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #16808 
Bombalurina

I didn't realise that there was such a huge wage disparity. Standard retail pay for a 21-year-old casual here is $21.21 per hour. Some shops pay less, some more, but it doesn't vary hugely.

My troubles are nothing like yours, but I am unhappy in my current job. The work is interesting and they aren't giving me too many hours, but there is just an undercurrent that makes me unhappy. When I was a Christmas casual at the Body Shop, the staff were all really lovely and the focus seemed to be on customer satisfaction because we liked making people happy as much as because happy customers buy more. At my current retail job, the focus is really really financial. I totally get that - it's a retail store, after all - but it makes me unhappy. I don't like the focus of things that I do to be on money. It's never made me happy and I realise it all the more when I'm under constant pressure to make sales and have a good average. It isn't positive competition, either.
I also don't like the way my manager and coworkers gossip and viciously insult customers out the back. Sure, some customers suck, but calling them all kinds of awful words because they are fussy isn't warranted. It also makes me fairly sure that such words are used about me when I'm not there, because he talks about other staff like that too. I will be very happy when I get an office job and can quit retail, especially something that has this many negative vibes.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #16809 
Kiara1125

It's hard when it comes to wages. Money is so tight. I'm living off of $20 for enough food for two people for two weeks. It's hard to stretch it when you have cats, dogs, and fish (13 aquariums, biggest being a 55) to take care of. It's really sad to see how people are treated as well. You do your best at a job and you make it to where try NEED you there, because you're the only person who's willing to work at your full potential and complete tasks, and they treat you like crap and give you h*** over it. Jobs are getting harder to find, money is getting tight, teenagers want to go to college to be a veterinarian instead if being a welder. Welding makes a lot of money and so many people are going into one career type that of you don't have good grades and potential from the start, then your chances are slim. I would love to have a career, but I might end up getting stuck with a job that I don't mind working at. Nothing that I hate, but I'd like to have enough money to buy food and support myself and my boyfriend.

Back to what Sparrow was saying ... It's a new generation. My boyfriend is an EXCELLENT cook. I burn everything. xD still, he wants to be able to support me, but he has so many health problems. He can't be working when he's coughing up blood and passing out whenever he tries to stand. I'm taking it into my hands to provide a good future for him. His parents don't want to deal with him due to lack of money and because they have two older children. It's not right. All the boys are old enough to own houses now, but with the way that life is, it's hard. Especially when you have hospital bills up the butt and trying to pay for and balance out everything. He has to pay $1000 to get his liscence back. That's a bunch of bull! He's never been in an accident or gotten a ticket, it's just from being so sick. Sure, there's a lot of stress involved with trying to help him out, but I would never abandon him. People kill me how they can do that. It makes them seen so heartless. Why do people nowadays have to be so cruel and mean to others? I would've liked to live back then when gas and food was cheap, where you could keep your house unlocked, where you could walk around at night. There's soooo many problems in the world today. Ugh ... (Gotta love how my rant varies a LOT ... xD)
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #16810 
Hadoken Kitty

The only problem I had when being that reliable person, was when I needed the time for my studies and my job had to reluctantly give them to me.

Or when I needed the last day of my summer camp off. I made my camp director SO mad. She wanted ME there. There were plenty of other counselors available, but she wanted ME. I was like, no, I can't make it. I'm sorry. I really have to be at the airport to pick up my boyfriend.

I worked retail at one point and time. NEVER AGAIN. Worst job I've ever had. I'll never do it again. I've never been mean to a retail employee unless they've started out with a snotty attitude to me. I know that job sucks.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou