Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #471 
FishyFishy89

I put Spike in a 2.5 at 1 time. He was feeling down shortly after the juvine angels came home. So I put him in a smaller tank and moved him to the end table beside my spot on the couch. He perked up being beside me...until the kitty found him. Then she harassed him and he started tail biting. So I moved him back to the kitchen. I liked it, I wish kitty didn't harass him :P
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #472 
ravenwinds

Nice work on Spike's home! I have couple of small tanks in our kitchen. I had my big ear silver and pink pastel in my 6yr old daughter's 2.5g tank there for about 4mos when I decided to attempt to breed him, so he was transferred to a spawning box ( about 8gallons, lots of live plants to hide amongst). He had never been spawned and he was always flirting with me and the girls I was conditioning, and he was a champion bubble nest maker.
He was ok w/the female for first 30min, then he spent the rest of the time chasing her and nipping her fins. After I removed her, he started to pine for his tank, wouldn't eat a thing, just sat huddled amongst the floating plants. I tried every food I could think of but after 4 days, I really became worried. I moved him back into the 2.5gallon so I could monitor him better.
And, of course that's all he wanted anyway! It took 24hrs back in his little home and then he was back to his old self, LOL!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #473 
Marvelous1

This is my HM's 2.5 betta bow. I picked it up on sale last month. I had to move the little guy since he was shredding his tail in the 5 gallon. I love that Anubis in the back it has giant leaves. Just took the filter out totally because it was so strong. The little guy was stressed at first, but seems to be settling in now.
Attached Images

Marvelous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #474 
ravenwinds

Wow! Marvelous you've done a terrific job....the mini bows do have a heavy return flow...if interested, you could try a small/tiny sponge filter (it would hold lots of good nitrifying, etc. bacteria. Would help cycle (and then stabilize the cycle!) your tank).
Isn't he so cute...peeking out of his cave!

Just a heads up: all Anubias are on the "don't plant!" List...they will die if planted, like epiphytes (most orchids and air plants (tillisandias)! Do yourself (and your beautiful Anubias barteri) a favor and tie it to an aquarium safe rock or piece of bog wood (or driftwood after its been boiled for a few hours so it'll sink!)...use cotton thread.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #475 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Just a heads up: all Anubias are on the "don't plant!" List...they will die if planted, like epiphytes (most orchids and air plants (tillisandias)!
That makes... So much sense... Oh my lack of a green thumb is horrifying at times. I killed an Anubias.
D;
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #476 
koincidenskis

The little tanks are nice looking!
koincidenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #477 
Brownjazzy

The above photos (I hope they "pasted" okay), are of my new Betta fish named, Bambi.
The first picture depicts Bambi's first tank of 1/2 gallon volume. After reading numerous posts/suggestions on various on-line sites, I decided to return Bambi's home to upgrade to a new 0.9 gallon tank. Yes, it is NOT even a full gallon but it suits my financial and cohabitant living arrangements.
I as well would like to point out that even though I am not a Betta fish expert, I know of many friends who have their Betta fish in even smaller (and stranger) living arrangements and every time I visit, they are still alive. I hope that frequent water changing is a factor as well as their "happiness".
My question for the group is, "What do you think are the most important factors at keeping a 1 gallon (ahem, or a 0.9 gallon) Betta fish tank healthy?
Brownjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #478 
Skyewillow

water changes.

Also, the pictures didn't load
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #479 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Water changes. By far. A small heater is also very important. Btw I would not judge the suitability of a tank based on wether a friends fish is still alive, alive is not always thriving. I can not see the pics.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #480 
WitchlingMinerva

I currently have Ciel in a 1g tank and he seems to love it. When I first got the tank it was for my female betta, but when I put her in it she got stressed and looked like she was freaking out. My friend convinced me to let her get used to it overnight and when we went to check on her the next day she was gone. We took apart that tank and looked around where the tank was, but never found her. I just got another male betta that I've named Todd. He'll be in a 1/2 gallon until I have enough money to get him a bigger tank.
WitchlingMinerva is offline   Reply With Quote