Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #21 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

The vts you have are a result of some fish breeder mass breeding a ton of random fish to make as much money as possible. You can not tell me that the fish in this picture are healthy and well cared for-
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  23.5 KB
Female-
Badly torn fins
Clamped
Stressed
Bloated

Male
Severly clamped
Severely stressed
Obviously bloated

How can you honestly say his fins are perfect? Both of them are in horrible condition.

Quote:
Stress, fin nipping and such is okay because those bettas are old enough not to be bothered by it for the short time they spend at the store.
Um... No, it's not. Stress, fin nipping, and such is NEVER ok, in fact young fish are more sensitive to it. I can't believe you would even say that horribly false statement.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #22 
soady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
The vts you have are a result of some fish breeder mass breeding a ton of random fish to make as much money as possible. You can not tell me that the fish in this picture are healthy and well cared for-
Attachment 78709
Female-
Badly torn fins
Clamped
Stressed
Bloated

Male
Severly clamped
Severely stressed
Obviously bloated

How can you honestly say his fins are perfect? Both of them are in horrible condition.

Um... No, it's not. Stress, fin nipping, and such is NEVER ok, in fact young fish are more sensitive to it. I can't believe you would even say that horribly false statement.
Once again, you haven't read all the text, you just took some pictures out of context to make me look bad for some reason. I really appreciate the people who have good advice for me, while all you do is correct me with selected information I provide.

The above pictures are taken at their worst state (she was in a jar with him for 2 days while I was hiding them from my girfriend, can you imagine?! His picture was taken once he got clamped fins from bad keeping).

They are both great now, happy, colorful, active... They looked good when I got them, but since I wasn't well informed the result on the above pictures happened. I then spent days, weeks and months reading about them and getting advice on this forum. You are not helping anymore, just trying to contradict me.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #23 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

YOU KEPT THEM IN A JAR TOGETHER FOR TWO DAYS!!!!!!!! I SAID I WOULD NOT POST AGAIN BUT THIS IS OBVIOUSLY ONE STUPID PERSON I AM TLKING TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD! MATT IS RIGHT!!!!
You should listen to the people on this forum who know more than you.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM   #24 
soady

I already am.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #25 
MiyuMikaelson

He's already said he's improved the conditions of living; and from his recent pictures you can tell that both of them are happy and relaxed in proper sized areas. We may not agree with everything that's done, but in the end it's Soady's decision.

While I encourage Soady not to breed; based on the amount of Betta's that are already in stock in stores, and because he may or may not have a proper setup to deal with all of the babies or knowledge of care for them.

He does seem to be trying to improve the quality of life for his two current ones which is all we can ask for.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #26 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yet Saody insists on breeding and appears to be ignoring our sugestions.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #27 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
Yet Saody insists on breeding and appears to be ignoring our sugestions.
It seems there's a lot of hard-headedness in the world today. Unfortunately we can't control Soady or any other owners actions. We can only hope that if he does indeed breed, that he has homes lined up for the babies that will result and expect to possibly lose his current Bettas. For a first time inexperienced breeder I would say that the chances of more than 20 making it are slim.

Even with imperfect tails and things, we can hope that adequate caretakers would be found for the fish that resulted. Most don't understand what makes champion/show finnage and most of the public buy them based on the colors I think. We can hope that Soady heeds the information and remembers things of the future.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #28 
soady

Thank you, MiyuMikaelson, for the kind words. :) The setup will be great and the fry will be taken care of properly. You will be happy to hear that I've decided to buy a 30-50 gallon plastic container for the spawn and the fry to live in. It will be heated, with surface plants and regular and proper water adding/changes, drop by drop etc.

What colors do you think I should expect? Will they look something like this?

The male is full red VT (my profile picture) and the female is iridescent blue/green RT. (It's actually a VT but her tail is perfectly circular, round)

P.S. I will spawn them in a month or so.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #29 
soady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
Where is your grow out, IAL, cultures, fry food, Fish permanent homes, sponge filters, jars, heaters, ect?
It's all there. :) The breeding container (I will buy it in a month when I plan to spawn them, it will be around 30-50 gallon), infusoria, BBS, jars, almond leaves, etc. All that's needed... Sorry I'm not in your good books, but you have to understand that we don't get many different fin types. All I ever saw here are VTs and CTs, so they will sell fast and without a problem.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #30 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

They are not even nice vts. If you are going to breed them, at least breed well finned and interesting colors. Where are you going to buy and keep a fifty gallon plastic container? If you did your research and know how to culture infusoria you would know that you should have started now. You probably should have ordered the ial too. Of course your not in our good books, you're not doing anything to further the species and I would not be surprised if your fish end up dead.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta recovery tank