Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #1 
kayjay89

red tiny wiggling worms on new plant?

i got some anacharis and i have been finding some red worms in between the leaves theres like some sort of mud or something on them and i found a lot of those worms those anybody know what they are? and would they be harmful to my fishif i miss any of them i have been picking them out
kayjay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 
callistra

Your plants should be QT a month before introducing them to your fish.. not because of the worms necessarily but because this should be standard practice, or else you will risk introducing a variety of diseases to them.

I'm not sure about brown round worms.. those may have potential to infect.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #3 
kayjay89

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Your plants should be QT a month before introducing them to your fish.. not because of the worms necessarily but because this should be standard practice, or else you will risk introducing a variety of diseases to them.

I'm not sure about brown round worms.. those may have potential to infect.
okay ill leave them for a month can i just leave them in a bucket with some light? would i need a heater or no?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #4 
callistra

You should ideally give them the same water parameters as are in your tank so that you can deal with the adjustment period in the qt and when they move to the main tank you won't have any die off problems.. I learned that the hard way with my first set of plants.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #5 
kayjay89

okay thank you ill try to get a heater. thank you
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #6 
Otterfun

No worms on my anacharis in QT. I have them in a bucket with ferts in room temp. They grow like weeds.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #7 
Pilot00

Quote:
You should ideally give them the same water parameters as are in your tank so that you can deal with the adjustment period in the qt and when they move to the main tank you won't have any die off problems.. I learned that the hard way with my first set of plants.
Tell me about it. I had my java fern dying for about 6 months. Then when everything was brown and dying I noticed small spurts amidst the roots. It seems it grows new leaves now, since they keep spurting and growing.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #8 
Otterfun

Quote:
oh, thanks, did not realize that.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote