Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #1 
Charley

Exclamation Stressed Betta??

Hey guys, So i have been noticing that in the past few days, my betta Shelly has been going NUTS. She is swimming around the front of the tank pressed up against the glass erratically and that's all she is doing. She still eats like a champ, but besides that she will eat the food I put in and then go back to the front of the tank. I have a 5.5 gallon heated and filtered tank and this has just begun to happen. I have had her since Christmas and she has been fine up to this point. Nothing has changed. I did get another Betta, Sheldon, on an impulse buy. His 5 gallon is in the same room, and somewhat close to Shelly's but they can not see each other. Also I have had Sheldon for over a week now and I have just been noticing Shelly acting up yesterday. I really have no idea whats going on. Is she stressed, or just being REALLY active? I need help, and I am worried for hem. If you have any more questions about my setup please let me know.
Charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

she might be seeing her own reflection. does she still do it when her tank lights are off?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #3 
waterdog

Mine do this too. They just learn to associate your presence with food. Not a big deal, just begging. Lol
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #4 
shellieca

Since your tank is new have you tested the water with a liquid test kit? One of my males does basically the same thing & since I know his water is good I chalk it up to him just being super active & that's his favorite way to exercise.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #5 
Charley

So I have been doing some testing and i think she is doing this because of her reflection. I have put a towel on the inside of the tank, so she couldn't see her reflection and she stopped doing it. So this leads me to my next question, is there anyway to prevent her from seeing her reflection. The towel works, but it is pretty ugly and it prevents me from seeing her. Thanks!
Charley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stressed betta help!!!