Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #21 
AkaRyu

I went out and got the marina heater as well as the light for him. I had to drive to three different stores to find the heater! I also got a clear plastic lid from a thrift store to put over his tank (it was a lid for a plastic container they had for 99cents) Hopefully my inlaws have a dremel i can borrow to put a few holes in it. for now it's slid a little off for air flow.

I saw on a Marina box that they have larger versions of these half gallon cubes gotta look into that!
AkaRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #22 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaRyu View Post
I went out and got the marina heater as well as the light for him. I had to drive to three different stores to find the heater! I also got a clear plastic lid from a thrift store to put over his tank (it was a lid for a plastic container they had for 99cents) Hopefully my inlaws have a dremel i can borrow to put a few holes in it. for now it's slid a little off for air flow.

I saw on a Marina box that they have larger versions of these half gallon cubes gotta look into that!
I have 4 QT tanks ranging from .5-1.5 G and I feel like I am constantly doing water changes.

How about you make a design yourself on a larger tank? My friend has this tank and within two months it broke. You seem to have your heart set on something about this tank, so I can only assume it is the design. Fish stores have aquarium designs; however, if you're looking for something more hipster, go to Michaels or Joanns (any craft store).
Michael's has a larger section of different types paper with cool designs on it for only a few cents. It is not a standard piece of paper, I believe it is an 11by11inch square (maybe bigger) I believe they have some that are very similar to the yin yang design in that tank. I recommend getting the Aqueon Mini Bow Aquarium (it comes with a filter, a light, and a hood) for $35 or another 2.5G that others llike. I know for a fact that a piece of the design paper will fit the Mini Bow. Find a way to attach it to the back of the tank (maybe even just clear tape since it's in the back and the tape will be on the outside. This way, removing it will be easier.Anyway, after that, get some black gravel and some aquarium plants (I do have bamboo in one of my NPTs and it does well) and BAM! You have a hip asian-inspired tank that is also functional and it will keep your fish happy. Everyone wins! :)
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #23 
VJM

Or any of the Fluval tanks. High style, beware the filter set up and the incorporated lights tend to break.

But very pretty.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #24 
EmptyYourMindBeFormless

Not really a fan of the small cubes as a permanent home, but they would work as a temp hospital/quarantine, I suppose.

Also, Marina's little mini heater for bettas (also can be found @ PetSmart) does a pretty decent job of heating up the little cubes.

I was testing it out in a small glass cube (1/2 gallon) and it warmed the water up to around 76 degrees F in a few hours (ambient temp was around 68 degrees F or so).

EmptyYourMindBeFormless is offline   Reply With Quote