Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1 
callistra

Fluval Spec V

Anyone have this tank? My LFS is selling it for $32 and I'm very tempted to get it because for a 5g tank with filter and lid.. that's really good.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #2 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
Anyone have this tank? My LFS is selling it for $32 and I'm very tempted to get it because for a 5g tank with filter and lid.. that's really good.
I do and $32 is more than 50% off the sale price of $79.99 at Petco & PetSmart. Make sure it is not refurbished or broken.

You should have in the box:
pump, tube and outflow jet, foam block, biomax, carbon filter, light, lid.

There is thread with ideas on SPEC AQ decorations:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=128565

My SPEC V:
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #3 
percyfyshshelley

Thats a great deal! I love mine and I have several plants that are doing well under the stock light.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #4 
tekkguy

$32??? Buy this tank immediately before they realize their mistake! I love my Spec V. It needs a little bit of modification for a betta (to baffle the filter, of course), but that's really, really easy in this tank ... it takes a $3 sponge.

If my LFS was selling this tank for $32, I'd buy at least 3 more without a second thought.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #5 
callistra

It's on clearance. They're moving out their stock. I will get it tomorrow :)
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #6 
Otterfun

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
It's on clearance. They're moving out their stock. I will get it tomorrow :)
Yes, you will enjoy it. Tekkguy suggested using the top carbon slot for a pack of gravel as biomedia. I bought another Biomax and stick it there. So I have 2 Biomax in my block. They said you can use it to seed a new tank as in another SPEC V, hint hint ;)
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #7 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkguy View Post
$32??? Buy this tank immediately before they realize their mistake! I love my Spec V. It needs a little bit of modification for a betta (to baffle the filter, of course), but that's really, really easy in this tank ... it takes a $3 sponge.

If my LFS was selling this tank for $32, I'd buy at least 3 more without a second thought.
Uh oh, I have competition.... Definitely a great deal for the quality of the tank and accessories
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #8 
Mr2KiEu

That's an Amazing deal! I'd buy a couple for that price! Join in our Fluval SPEC II, III, V Owners thread once you have it setup!
Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote