Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #31 
soady

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
They are not even nice vts. If you are going to breed them, at least breed well finned and interesting colors.

They are very nice and rich in color! If I fell in love them, many others will too.

Where are you going to buy and keep a fifty gallon plastic container?

Gonna keep it at home and buy it at a store... When did this become a problem? It'll be about 30 inches in diameter so it's no problem.

If you did your research and know how to culture infusoria you would know that you should have started now.

Not true. I will spawn them in a month so there's no reason to start my infusoria culture now.

You probably should have ordered the ial too. Of course your not in our good books, you're not doing anything to further the species and I would not be surprised if your fish end up dead.

I don't need to order IAL, I can just take some from under the tree, dried up all natural.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #32 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Using leafs from the ground has risks of parasites and bacteria. Red and blue Badly finned vts are probably the most common. If you want to start your culture late, fine. But be prepared for dead fry and dead parents.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #33 
soady

Cool

Quote:
Using leafs from the ground has risks of parasites and bacteria. Red and blue Badly finned vts are probably the most common. If you want to start your culture late, fine. But be prepared for dead fry and dead parents.

Stop being rude, seriously. First of all, you must have not paid attention to the female's fins, especially the tail which is 100% round (it was never spread completely on any pictures) even though she is a VT, not to mention her vibrant color which is the perfect example of iridescent betta. The male's fins are recovering from being nipped, he is almost full red, he has a bit of blue at the start of his fins which I especially like. As it says when you enter this forum: "Discuss your favorite betta here." and my favorite betta is my betta and I want to give them a chance to breed and fully live. I have never liked the idea of neutering pets, and that's why I brought my cat back to the country side when I was 12, she was a regular house cat but she had fur longer than usual and all types of colors. I truly loved her and I love my bettas the same way. I don't want to abridge them of reproduction, just because they are relatives of a "not so pretty betta". Any animal can die at giving birth, fry fall, get eaten, it is a circle of life, not a lab experiment, the spawning.

As for the leaves, I will buy one betta fish, the ugliest one in the store, who deserves to live the least, the one whose parents were never supposed to be given the right to spawn, and test them on that betta.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #34 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Quote:
Stop being rude, seriously.Im not being rude. I'm being blunt. Frankly, I care more about the species then I do about what you want to hear. First of all, you must have not paid attention to the female's fins, especially the tail which is 100% round (it was never spread completely on any pictures) even though she is a VT, lots of vt females are like that. Doesn't mean much at all.not to mention her vibrant color which is the perfect example of iridescent betta. Its not perfect, and mixed with a red male you will get reds with blue wash out. That is not good.The male's fins are recovering from being nipped, he is almost full red, he has a bit of blue at the start of his fins which I especially like. As it says when you enter this forum: "Discuss your favorite betta here." and my favorite betta is my betta and I want to give them a chance to breed and fully live. they don't need to breed to "fully live". In fact, breeding will shorten their life (and it will be shortened a lot using your method.).I have never liked the idea of neutering pets, and that's why I brought my cat back to the country side when I was 12, she was a regular house cat but she had fur longer than usual and all types of colors. I truly loved her and I love my bettas the same way. I don't want to abridge them of reproduction, just because they are relatives of a "not so pretty betta". This sentence disgusts me. How many cats and dogs are out on the street, in shelters, or in a pound being killed everyday? Your pets reproduction rights are a lot less important then an animals life. Any animal can die at giving birth, fry fall, get eaten, it is a circle of life, not a lab experiment, the spawning.

As for the leaves, I will buy one betta fish, the ugliest one in the store, who deserves to live the least, the one whose parents were never supposed to be given the right to spawn, and test them on that betta.And what makes that betta any worse then yours? You are contradicting yourself. Telling me that it is an opinion on how your fish look. And in your last paragraph, I believe you said that "you don't want to abridge anything of reproduction"? So why would you do it to this fish? And by the way it can tame over a year for a betta to show signs of a parasite infection. You are a very ignorant and irresponsible person.
Reading your posts shocks me.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #35 
soady

Wink

Quote:
Reading your posts shocks me.
It was supposed to shock you.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #36 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

You have shocked me too!
WITH HOW IGNORENT AND SELF CENTERED YOU ARE!!!!!
You obviously don't care about the well being of these animals. You are just as bad as a mass breeder who supplies pet stores.
You have a hard shell built around you of ignorance, self centeredness, and you are now going to ignore us even though you know we are right and you are wrong. Now please excuse me I have some responsible fish keeping to do!!! Because I unlike you care about the well being of these creatures and want to give them the best life they can have. Also breeding is hard on fish, it killed my male ct in the process and I didn't even end up with any babies, are you ready to kill your fish for nothing? Sure you are because you will just go buy another fish to torture and it is no different to you!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #37 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

+1 Mat!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #38 
soady

I can not believe you guys. I should have written "Warning! Sarcasm! Do not take for granted." at the bottom of my post. MattsBettas started pointing out flaws and the worst outcomes that could possibly be, and stopped offering solutions. I am sorry your fish died, that's always the risk.

Off course I wouldn't buy another fish to test stuff on it, did you really take this for real?
Old 03-06-2013, 03:40 AM   #39 
Kiara1125

Can you please stop attacking each other?

I think your bettas are beautiful and have nice finnage. Veiltails can be BEAUTIFUL fish, just ask Feng. Some pet stores take EXCELLENT care of their fish, especially bettas. My lfs does that. I kept a male and female separated through a divider. Soady's fish aren't dying and they're doing great. This setup is amazing and I believe that they really care about their fish. I'm surprised a moderator hasn't jumped down your throats yet. Still, please ... Stop with the bickering. It's a journal, not a "please rant to me about how horrible I am!" blog. I got yelled at for having only 2 female bettas in a 20gL yet they're doing GREAT. Soady, as long as you have everything figured out, I don't think that there's a problem with your betta plans and/or setup.

If you have any problems with what this person is doing, state it in a respectful manor. I'm not trying to act like a mod, I'm just disgusted at this. I thought this forum was great until I saw this. No self control when it comes to the members and they're tearing at each other's throats over the free will of ONE person. You can't change what they do. Just hope that they take good care of the fish. I believe that Soady is doing a great job already. It's their choice if they want to breed the two bettas. It's not like the offspring are going to end up as a half dead $20 in petco. If they're plans are good, then give them advice. "You're arrogant and inconsiderate!" is ridiculous. But, what are you going to do? Caps lock them to death? Great idea. Calm your butts down. I don't care if I have to reach through the computer and slap all of you. CALM. DOWN.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #40 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

There is no way that you can tell me that his plan is perfect.

Tags
betta recovery tank