Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #491 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Betta View Post
thanks for the info seeing how big your snail is makes me want to get another one, but i don't think i should because i don't know why both mine died in the same week:( and my tank's probably to small anyway, but that is one awesome mystery snail you've got
What size is your aquarium?

I am unable to put anymore mystery snails in my aquarium lol my big gold guy either mates with them or attacks them. I can't really tell which. The second I put another snail in his feelers come out and he starts going towards them at remarkable snail speed. I am still stunned he notices them the moment they are put into the aquarium.

Here's one more pic of him :)

Last edited by copperarabian; 03-04-2013 at 04:22 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #492 
Indigo Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
What size is your aquarium?

I am unable to put anymore mystery snails in my aquarium lol my big gold guy either mates with them or attacks them. I can't really tell which. The second I put another snail in his feelers come out and he starts going towards them at remarkable snail speed. I am still stunned he notices them the moment they are put into the aquarium.
i love the pictures of him i think he is really cool

i think my tank is 16 gallons and i worry i've got to many fish as it is

4 gold tetras 4 black tetras 5 neon tetras
6 harlequin fish 3 guppies 1 clam

i don't know if that is over stocked but i've had that number for a about a year now, so far no deaths and no illness's in the tank but for the two snails of course:(
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #493 
Bombalurina

Quote:

i don't know if that is over stocked but i've had that number for a about a year now, so far no deaths and no illness's in the tank but for the two snails of course:(
That is indeed very overstocked. You also have the problem of not having full schools of tetras. If you can't rehome any of your fish, don't buy any more as your current ones get old and die. If you can, overfilter your tank and plant it heavily to help it cope with the bioload, or do a lot of water changes. :) Or all three!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #494 
copperarabian

Quote:

That does seem a bit over stocked. I used to keep my 17g over stocked and it worked out fine. I kept a African butterfly, blue gourami, ghost shrimp, long finned albino bristlenose(just a baby), a black mystery snail, and 8 female bettas. I kept the tank heavily planted with a insanely fast growing red lotus, and other live plants. Weekly 50% water changes and over filtered. This tank was amazing and the fish did wonderful. The only time I had betta aggression was when I accidentally added a male who I thought was a girl, didn't show aggression until 2-3 months later.

Plants are a good thing, they make a aquarium appear bigger and the fish can break eye contact with one another more often, as well as giving them enrichment. Here is a video of my 17g when I had it up http://youtu.be/6cSFS95i6ss
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #495 
purplecandle

I am waiting on a new fish in the mail and I am extremely nervous. I keep checking the front door. So , I thought I would give myself something to do to pass the time.Here are my 2 favorite tanks, besides my betta tank ;)

Green Spotted Puffer tank, 75 gallon brackish tank home to 2 GSPs

Green Spotted Puffers

Fangs Puffer tank, 20 gallon home to 1 Fangs

Here he is sleeping

Ok, that took up a few minutes. I am gonna go wait by the door some more.
purplecandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #496 
Indigo Betta

copperarabiani like the video its well edited very nice fish too:)

i got most of my tropical fish from a friend who didn't want them anymore
i don't have anyone who would want them nor do i have a LFS i would trust with them so i'll be keeping them but just in case i find someone who would take them how many would be the right number for me to keep in a 16 gallon tank?
also for now what plants would you recommend? and how do you overfilter your tank?

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 03-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #497 
5150wicd4fish

@ copperarabian...this is my gold gourami..having problems keeping these guys stress free..what can you tell me I can do to de-stress..have 3, housed with tiger barbs, dwarf neon rainbow fish and 2 BNPs in a 60 gal.
Attached Images

5150wicd4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #498 
FishyFishy89

I got some decent pics this morning

Can't wait til the grow up, they'll be easier to take group pictures of.....hopefully xD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #499 
5150wicd4fish

I just lost my gold gourami, after a 50% water change, he was doing good swimming around me while I cleaned..:(....this just sucks..:(
5150wicd4fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #500 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150wicd4fish View Post
@ copperarabian...this is my gold gourami..having problems keeping these guys stress free..what can you tell me I can do to de-stress..have 3, housed with tiger barbs, dwarf neon rainbow fish and 2 BNPs in a 60 gal.
The tiger barbs might be a problem. They are not the best tankmates for gourami. It could also be a problem with you store's stock. If you want more, you could try getting them from another store.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote