Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #11 
Fishy Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFyre14 View Post
Nope. No strung filter. In fact all I have is a little bubbler. His tank is in my bedroom, which means during the day it is mostly dark and quiet and at night I come in and he sees me. So not many distractions or interaction with people. However, his tank is up against my guppy fry tank and I have seen him following them and once he flared. Could that be stressing him out?

Yeah, when I got him his fins were near perfect. The pet store took really good care of him.
I actually keep my boy in a high traffic area of my house so he has distractions & he hasn't bit his tail since being there. He loves all the attention & action. If I move him to a more quiet place he gets upset. That's why I asked about where his tank is. It really depends on your betas personality what he would prefer. I rearrange his decorations sometimes too when I change his water, which he seems to enjoy.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #12 
DragonFyre14

I've been trying to rearrange his decorations some simply to keep him entertained... Which basically this means I switch out his plants for a different one every week or so. it's not much but it's something
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #13 
Fishy Mom

How long have you had him? Sounds like you're trying everything you can to work this out.

I had many trial & errors with my boy before I got everything just the way he wanted it. He's a bit spoiled, lol.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #14 
DragonFyre14

I've had him for.... 3 or 4 months now? something like that. I feel like I'm either not feeding him enough or feeding him too much. He typically gets about 8-10 omega one pellets with one day of fasting a week. does this sounds like too much? Most of the time he would probably be happy to eat a few more but I don't want to over feed him.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #15 
Fishy Mom

If he doesn't get bloated, constipated, or fat I wouldn't think it's a problem. I wouldn't worry too much. I know it's hard not to worry with betta's since they are all so different with individual personalities so there's no real one size fits all care for them.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #16 
Agility4fun

I am also going through a fin rot/repair situation with my son's fish. So many variables to contend with and every tank and fish is different. Hang in there.

I do think you're feeding him too much. Three or four pellets/day should be plenty and maybe fast him one day a week.
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #17 
DragonFyre14

I'll have to keep a closer eye on him. It doesn't look like he's getting bloated or constipated. Whether I feed him 4 or 8 he always seems to act the same afterwards. Sometimes he'll only eat 4 other times he'll eat more. I'm hoping this means he is one of those bettas who only eats as much as they need not one who eats all that is offered. He seems to be rather happy so if I am over feeding at least it's not having any negative effects (that I can see)