Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #1 
xShainax

Thought I lost him

I was sick in bed for 3 weeks and Bazooka Joe deteriorated a lot in his 2.5 gallon tank while I was sick. Last night he was barely moving so I immediately cleaned his tank and he stayed at the bottom. I was thinking I was going to find him dead but I saw him swim weakly up to see me before going back down in the gravel. I take that as a little improvement
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #2 
bettabetter

This is very sad, but a similar thing has also happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I am no expert, but really bettas generally like company and when i was sick for a few days, my betta started to get really droopy, and sad. after i was back up and playing with him for a few days he got back to normal. who was cleaning him while you were sick?? a 2.5 really can't go 3 weeks without cleaning it. the poor water conditions could be a cause of sickness. but from what you wrote, this will most likely get better soon :D
bettabetter is offline   Reply With Quote