Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #11 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJessie View Post
Toronto
Hey there....I don't breed bettas, but I have recently imported a bunch (37!) from Thailand....mainly halfmoons.....and I'm looking to re-home a few of them. I live just outside of Toronto, so we could actually meet in person if you'd like one or two.

Of course, I'd like to make sure they're going to good homes.....and I'm pretty new to this forum, so I don't know everyone well.....are you experienced in caring for bettas?

Oh, and I've taken pictures of the fish I'd like to rehome, so I can show you what they look like.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #12 
iJessie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catw0man View Post
Hey there....I don't breed bettas, but I have recently imported a bunch (37!) from Thailand....mainly halfmoons.....and I'm looking to re-home a few of them. I live just outside of Toronto, so we could actually meet in person if you'd like one or two.

Of course, I'd like to make sure they're going to good homes.....and I'm pretty new to this forum, so I don't know everyone well.....are you experienced in caring for bettas?

Oh, and I've taken pictures of the fish I'd like to rehome, so I can show you what they look like.
Holy **** thats alot :)
I would love to see pictures and what site did you get them from?
iJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #13 
iJessie

Quote:

Anddd yes I know how to care for them I have a 10 gal with 3 males with dividers, 2 halfmoons one crowntail.
Another 10 gal with 6 females.
Another 5 gal with one veltails
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #14 
Catw0man

Quote:
Holy **** thats alot :)
I would love to see pictures and what site did you get them from?
I got them all on Aquabid.com.....from about 10 different breeders....lol....they are stunning compared to most of the fish we can get here. But, there were a few in the bunch that just looked different in person than in their pics....not that they aren't beautiful fish! And since I'm expecting another shipment later in March, I would like to find homes for a few of them.

Not to take away from MattsBettas or Logisticsguy.....since Logisticsguy is willing to ship in the winter, that's a great option! Anyway, I'll post some pics for you in a bit and you can have a look at the ones I have....have to get the kids to bed right now.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #15 
iJessie

Quote:
I got them all on Aquabid.com.....from about 10 different breeders....lol....they are stunning compared to most of the fish we can get here. But, there were a few in the bunch that just looked different in person than in their pics....not that they aren't beautiful fish! And since I'm expecting another shipment later in March, I would like to find homes for a few of them.

Not to take away from MattsBettas or Logisticsguy.....since Logisticsguy is willing to ship in the winter, that's a great option! Anyway, I'll post some pics for you in a bit and you can have a look at the ones I have....have to get the kids to bed right now.
Oh my god didn't that cost alot ?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #16 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yea sorry about not shipping, but the good of my fish will always come first.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #17 
logisticsguy

Buying local is always a good idea if you can find quality fish.
I bet many of those Thai fish are pretty darn nice.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Yea you can import fancies like you would never find locally.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #19 
Catw0man

Quote:
Oh my god didn't that cost alot ?
It sure did cost a lot!!! Each fish was at least $20, plus sometimes a breeder will also charge you up to $5 for each fish to be shipped to the Thai transhipper. Then, the Canadian transhipper, Hung Pham, charges $10 import fee per fish. Add priority shipping of $35 to $55 and another $10 for heat packs.....

But, that said, they are amazing fish!!!

If you're interested in bidding on a fish on Aquabid (say if there's something in particular you are looking for), we could always have your fish shipped with mine once it arrives in Canada to save that huge shipping fee.

Anyway, let me post the pics I took....and you can let me know if you are interested in any of the ones I have.

Last edited by Catw0man; 03-05-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #20 
Catw0man

Pics

I'll include the links to the original Aquabid listing (where possible) as well as the pics I took today (not nearly as high quality!)

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1359684335
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1359585888
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1359732077
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1360692025
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ashm1359210765
Attached Images