Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #11 
veggiegirl

HA HA sounds just like me, I really need to be careful I don't send myself even more broke but I can't help keeping an eye out on what it for sale despite the fact that I get sooo frustrated if I can't afford it.

I sent Jodi an email yesterday but she hasn't got back yet, I guess she is really busy. I feel a bit disappointed because I really wanted a pair that she has for sale but with the floods the trucks from Brisbane cannot get through to deliver groceries which probably means that a courier delivering fish may also be unable to get through. I should probably wait until the weather settles down before I order any just to make sure that they get through.

Once you have paid for your fish and let Jodi know that you have does Jodi get back to you and tell you when it will be posted?
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 
LittleBettaFish

Well I've always been sent an email saying my fish have been posted and then usually a tracking number as well so I can check on my fish.

I've found if you title your email either with the name of the pair you want or something like "WTB: HMPK Marble Male" it tends to get a response faster than something that has a more ambiguous title.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #13 
veggiegirl

Does WTB stand for Want To Buy?

Oh that is good if you get an email and tracking number, I have never shipped fish before (I have only ever bought from local pet shops) and I just know I will be a bundle of nerves and soooooo worried until they arrive safe and sound. After I have bought a few and they all turn up okay I will get more confident but the first time is going to be stressful!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah, or at least I've always read it that way haha.

Jodi-Lea packs fish extremely well. The only DOA I had was a CT male where the bottoms of both bags (the one the fish was in and then the one over that) had exploded out and he had been knocked out into the newspaper.

I think she does have a DOA policy in place, you just don't get your shipping costs refunded.

I've ordered bettas, killifish and schooling fish from Jodi-Lea and the CT male was the only one I ever had any issues with. I've had fish arrive alive and well in the dead of winter here in Melbourne, so I usually do not get too concerned nowadays.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #15 
veggiegirl

Oh that's really good to know, thank you for all your advice by the way! shipping a fish feels rather daunting when you have never done it before but it is great to talk to someone who has ordered off the person that you are hoping to buy from