Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #11 
Kanra Chan

Thank you, Seaman!
And VJM, you're right.
But sometimes, BettaFix does absolute wonders since it's specifically formulated for bettas.
I have had bettas flourish with it, and some that don't.
It depends on the fish.
Kanra Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #12 
Seaman2012

No problem! And yeah it really looks like tailbiting or maybe his fin got caught. Either way I don't see any fin rot and should heal nicely with warm water and stress coat. Double the dosage to encourage fin growth :)
Seaman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #13 
Kanra Chan

Alright, I'm glad it's not fin rot at least.
If it's biting, this is something I've never dealt with, and I'm not sure how to deal with it.
I'm now wondering if I should even get the catfish, and whether I'd be putting them at risk.
My fish has never been aggressive unless prompted, he is merely energetic.
It would be better if I saw that his fin got caught on something, because then I should just change the decoration.
I haven't seen any traces on fin on the tank floor though, so I'm not sure.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #14 
callistra

If the ends look like they are graying/browning or thinning/dissolving it's rot. The top fin looks a bit melty.. can you provide more info: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #15 
Kanra Chan

More info isn't needed, that just gets people off the point.
I'm only asking what it is, and if it's something I don't know how to deal with (Like tail-biting), if anyone knows how to deal with it.
The ends are clear.
I was told that the top and bottom fins are genetically like that, but the bottom one had a rip and it's healing.

Last edited by Kanra Chan; 03-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #16 
callistra

It's a really bad idea to assume members already know everything and answer specific questions. The last time I did this the owner killed their fish, where as with more info the fish could have likely been saved. So.. I won't help people who refuse to provide info. Sorry. Best of luck.

Last edited by callistra; 03-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #17 
Kanra Chan

I'm pretty sure I clearly stated that I'm not providing more info because that gets people off the point, not because I think members know everything.
In fact, you had already moved onto the top fin when that's not at all what this topic is about.
Also, I did not refuse to provide info. I provided exactly what's needed.
If you are unable to stay focused, then I agree that you shouldn't waste time trying to help.
Thank you for wishing me luck though. I'm sorry if I come off harsh, I don't like being accused of things that I didn't do. I'm sure you understand.