Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #21 
Saphira101

Talking Zeh latest news...

Hello, and sorry I have not posted in a while...

I went back to the LFS and saw all of those bettas again (except the pineapple VT of course, as you know, he has been adopted after 5 years. )

Well, the blue VT with nipped fins has some very clear signs of regrowth. () as does the red VT, it turns out he was not blind; he just had Popeye or cloudy eye or something, his eyes are looking normal now ()

Also, the one that didn't look so good was moved from his 5 gallon to a large guppy tank, and is now very active. his fins seem a lot better.

The other blue one that I was rather fond of is the same as ever, happy and active :)

Sorry for lack of pics, my camera ran out of battery just as I entered the store. :/

It turns out Peach does not have fin rot, he's just a minor tail-biter. I divided and re-aquascaped Winter's tank, Peach will be moving there in a few days. also, Merlin has stopped flaring at himself. (thank goodness)

My snails are good, I found out that I have one regular ramshorn, and one red ramshorn. I also found a single ramshorn baby. in addition to the ramshorns, there were two pond snails on the plants. (I've seen about six of their babies sliding around the tank)

Also, we just got two VERY tiny comet goldfish from petco. there were originally three, but we had to feed one to our snake. (Bean has to eat too..) they are currently being quarantined in a 2 & a 1/2 gallon tank with a sponge filter and one hideous orange plastic plant. xP (it's the only one I had left) they are doing well, considering they are from petco. (my petco stinks) I'll be quarantining them until February 5th, when they'll go to live with Tiffy. (my other goldfish.) so far I have gotten both of them to eat (and poop.) yay! Anyway; their names are Hematite (after the stone) and Tiger (short for tiger-eye, also a stone.)

Until next time, ~Saphira

Last edited by Saphira101; 01-20-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #22 
Saphira101

well, went back to the LFS again today, all is well except for the blue boy with nipped fins. he seemed to be suffering some swim bladder troubles. I told the owner and he said he'll get on it right away.

I hope the little guy pulls through.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #23 
Saphira101

Talking Woooohoooo!!!

PEACH BLEW A BUBBLE NEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is his first one in about 6 months. I suppose it's because he's on the divided side of Winter's tank... I just got the tank a heater, and both Bettas are showing colors I've never seen on them before... and they both pooped!!! (they were constipated)

Name:  IMG_5619.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  29.6 KB

The tank after I redecorated it:

http://www.fishtanks.net/fishtank.php?fishtank=6453
Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #24 
Saphira101

I just got back from a 5-day trip and the house had been really cold... The tanks were 74*F! The fishies were a bit lethargic, but warmed up quickly when I cranked up the space heater. All are well now, I added a new ramshorn to Winter & Peach's tank... (much algae in that tank) It was previously in the crayfish's tank which was rather cold and algae-less. It's doing well now (; I cleaned out Tesla's old tank (I failed to post about him in this journal. Long story short, I got an unhealthy Betta from Petco and he died) and it will function as a backup hospital tank "just in case". Merlin's fins are in better shape than they used to be, and Pi's fin rot has cleared up. I also went to the LFS and the blue VT w/ nipped fins is OK. :)