Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #1 
acadialover

MY new BEtta won't eat

I have had him for three days and he does not seem to get that the pellets are to eat . He is swimming around and looks healthy enough. I have never had this problem before. I try to drop them right in front of them and he doesn't seem to get it. i waived a frozen blood worm in front of him yesterday and he swam away. I have plants in his tank, and he sometimes seems to go after a small piece of plant matter.... what can I do to gt him interested ?
weird...
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #2 
bettacrazygirl86

If you've only had him for 3 days, he might still be getting used to his new surroundings and everything. :) He'll be fine. Give him a few more days and he'll start eating.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #3 
kimt

Mine didn't eat well for at least a week after we got him. He hates the pellets so I gave up on them and give him a flake food twice a day. He loves the bloodworms and would eat them all day long if I let him but I only give him 2 bloodworms on water change day for being a good boy while I mess up his home

I have found that mine eats better when I turn off the filter while he is eating. Otherwise the food moves around too much and eventually falls down before he gets to it.
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote