Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #21 
Acalendra

So you can just put them directly in? I did some research on using them and all I found was how you had to boil them and all sorts of things. If you don't need to do all that I may try and find some outside. I doubt I will given where I live but it's worth a shot.
Acalendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #22 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalendra View Post
So you can just put them directly in? I did some research on using them and all I found was how you had to boil them and all sorts of things. If you don't need to do all that I may try and find some outside. I doubt I will given where I live but it's worth a shot.
If you are referring to Oak leaf or IAL-If you want to use them for medication-I wouldn't boil them since temps over 110F can kill the antibacterial/fungal properties. If you just want the tannins to darken the water-boiling is fine to make tea-then store in the fridge-be sure and label so someones doesn't drink it by mistake...lol....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #23 
Acalendra

I'm sorry it's been so long but i finally have an update! I have no clue what did it specifically but after all this time the tears and missing bits are growing back slowly but surely. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was but basically I've been obsessively keeping the water perfect. I started keeping the heater at 80/81(he seems to do best at this, i know others like it a bit lower though. Whatever floats your boat McGee), resanded anything that could possibly hurt him in anyway, stopped using AQ salt, started adding more bloodworms to his diet, etc etc. This past week or two white has filled in the lower missing bits and the white from before is turning pink. The red on the top half of the caudal fin is all grown back and is now just missing some clear bits. Hopefully the regrowth continues. I still have no idea what caused them in the first place. I assume it was biting due to being unhappy or something but they never healed until now. It's just strange. Either way, if he decides to flare up i'll do my best to get a picture or two if anyone's interested. Also, thank you bunches for the input and help.
Acalendra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, emergency, fin, shredded fins, tears