Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #11 
soady

Try to notice new, transparent parts of the fins in between the tears. If they are not there then it is not yet healing and may even be getting worse. As soon as you notice those transparent fin parts, which haven't gotten their color yet, you will know that he is on the road to recovery, and you can even notice the tiniest bits of fin rot there because that fresh part of the fins is the most sensitive to water parameters.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #12 
soady

You can see on this picture I took a week ago (it grew much more until today) what I am talking about.

You can see the slight gray tips on the new finnage on her caudal fin. It is because this new part is the most sensitive and it should be gone on its own pretty quick. The gray on this particular picture is very small and was gone the next day.
soady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #13 
BettaNovice

Thanks! Aries had a really tough time at the local pet store, and it resulted in his two side fins breaking off almost by his body, and I remember that his fins looked like the translucent parts from when they grew back. His tail fin is showing a tiny bit on one portion, but so far the rest of his tail and dorsal fin just look raw. I'll keep an eye on him and make sure his water is changed frequently enough that nothing possible can build up that would risk his fins at all.
BettaNovice is offline   Reply With Quote