Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #81 
kyle89

The rhizomes are not completely buried. I wanna get drift wood but that fish place never has small pieces
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #82 
Agility4fun

Ironic Kyle89, I wanted big pieces but my LFS only had small ones! Trade ya?!
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #83 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Sparrowhawk...Is the last picture the latest version?

Super pretty, love, love, love it! Well done!
Thanks.

All the pictures in my last post are the latest versions of the three planted tanks I have. But three just isn't enough, I MUST HAVE MOAAARRR!! :P Bwahahaa.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 PM   #84 
FishyFishy89

Mutli Tank Syndrome. Once it grabs hold on you, it's hard to NOT buy more.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #85 
Kwomais

I find that a lack of space, money and the opposite of support regarding this matter from teh BF manages to keep MTS under control quite well for me hahaha. But just wait until I graduate, get a job and move out... MWAHAHAHAH!
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #86 
Tabbie82

SO that's what I have! Multi Tank Syndrome. So nice to have a name for it... Now I'm off to go look at the tank I've been drooling over...
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #87 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwomais View Post
I find that a lack of space, money and the opposite of support regarding this matter from teh BF manages to keep MTS under control quite well for me hahaha. But just wait until I graduate, get a job and move out... MWAHAHAHAH!
Perhaps it'd be better for me if I didn't have support from the BF on this matter. As it is, the only thing keeping MTS under control for me is a lack of space, and my grandmother, who is starting to say "Well, it would be nice to have a tank with only plants in the lounge room..." hahaha!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #88 
ashleigheperry

I'm waiting on plants for my tanks! I've ordered some duck weed, water lettuce, moss balls, and dwarf hairgrass and I recently planted some water wisteria and Chinese ivy (which smells wonderful) in my 10G. I'll be ordering some java fern in the near future, but I want to focus on the plants I have/the plants I'm getting for now.

I'll post a picture of my newly planted 10G soon but it looks sparse because the plants aren't rooted and were just acclimated. c:
ashleigheperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #89 
AyalaCookiejar

Okay, this might be a mighty stupid question, but what exactly is driftwood and where can I buy it? How long do you have to soak it to get the tannins out?

I just got my plants today: Anubias barteria, java fern, jungle vals, java moss, water sprite and hornwort (I'm also pretty sure some duckweed hitched a ride... I wasn't going to get it because I heard it's a mess, but hey, I guess if it's real good at taking care of ammonia, I can't complain... especially since it was free). They all look great except for maybe the jungle val....... I can't believe how perfect the anubias looks. It could be a plastic plant. And java moss is like, one of the neatest things I have ever seen/felt in my life. Excuse my excitement, I have never touched live plants before, nor have I seen many different types :p

I have some plastic craft mesh that I'm probably going to tie the java moss to. I'm also getting lights next week, one for my four gallon tank and one for my spare lamp, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #90 
FishyFishy89

Well my driftwood soaked in a bucket for a week. I changed the water 100% every morning. I got mine from PetsMart, Mopani Wood. Do not get their Grapewood. I researched it and alot of people were having fish dying when using it.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote