Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #1 
SinX7

My baffled AquaClear 30

Hey everyone, I posted a question on here earlier this week, and after I got home from work, and after reading the replies, I came up with a idea on how to baffle it. It have very little to no current sometimes. and its on the lowest settings.

So pretty much I got the AquaClear 30 foam, cut it half way deep into the foam (So that it goes over the outlet of the filter), pushed it in the outlet and squeezed the size in. I got a video so you guys can see what I mean. If you guys want an instruction video, just let me know so I can make one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeorOxRhG3E
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #2 
Aurie

I did that exact same thing to my aqueon quiet flow 30. There's this blue thing that does that for you. The last thing the water touches before it pop's out of the filter, but I got it used when I bought my 29 gallon, so I did that (it doesn't fit as nicely, but the glass top holds it in) ..

Just a word of the wise.. turn off your filter before removing that. You'd be surprised how much junk that 1 piece can accumulate and if you remove it TONS of stuff pop's back into the tank.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #3 
jadaBlu

How high up is your sponge on the intake (J part) on the filter? It looks like it's near the top. My filter makes a ton of current on the bottom of the tank.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #4 
SinX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
How high up is your sponge on the intake (J part) on the filter? It looks like it's near the top. My filter makes a ton of current on the bottom of the tank.
Actually, There is no baffle/foam on the intake, just the outlet part of the filter, and it makes very little to no current!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #5 
jadaBlu

Aren't you worried your fish will get stuck on the intake? I've had that happen to other fish I used to keep in the past especially catfish.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #6 
Aurie

as you can see in my sig I have a couple tanks, let me break it down and if you need I can put up a couple pictures

5.5 gallon - Aquaclear 20, at 50% power with a piece of foam on out flow
10 gallon - Aqueon Quietflow 30 - Foam on out flow, Fluval prefilter sponge on intake. I could have used aquaclear foam but the white stood out like a sore thumb. 2.49 at petsmart for the prefilter
29 gallon - Aquaclear 70 - Foam on out flow like the 20, just a larger piece
46 gallon - Eheim 2215 canister, not baffled at all, only thing in it at the moment is 4 zebra danios
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #7 
SinX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
Aren't you worried your fish will get stuck on the intake? I've had that happen to other fish I used to keep in the past especially catfish.
Not really, I have it at the lowest settings, and most of the fish are big enough, except for 1 Ghost shrimp. I might baffle the intake, if I find that the fish are getting sucked in. Plus I'm planning to replace my Ghost shrimps with Amano Shrimp.