Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 PM   #41 
majesticstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Betta fish honestly don't need much to be happy and healthy... it's a pity that this is taken advantage off by the petshop industry to their financial advantage :/
I know! And it infuriates me so much that they do it. Pet stores allow these misconceptions to appear by displaying them in those little cups. Granted, petstores can't help it since bettas do fight with each other, I can understand. But what I can't forgive are the companies that MAKE these terrible betta containers and the pet stores and their employees who endorse those products to newbies who don't know any better. Grah! And now there are a bunch of people who ask me "oh, they're those fish that can live in those little containers, right?" when I talk to them about my boys. And when I try to clear up the misconception, they don't listen, and make a joke about it, saying things like "well, it's their own fault for pooping. They're just killing themselves". Even my RA says, "..oh, you have quite a large playground for such a small fish, don't you? Why don't you add more?"

I'm sorry for the rant, it just annoys me to no end...
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #42 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticstorm View Post
I know!
*snip*
it just annoys me to no end...
Same thing here...
When I show pictures of Kuro to other people, I amazed at how many of them have kept bettas before... then they tell me... Oh, it didn't live very long.
And I'm like well duh, they were kept in a small cold cup. :/

On the other hand I met this guy at petco once looking for a betta since his old one died, assuming he was coming back for a replacement I asked how long his betta lived. And he said his lived for 7 years in a big tank ^___^
I was reallly glad that for once there was some who knew what they're doing...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #43 
majesticstorm

Yeah, most of the people I talk to tell me their fish didn't live very long, either.

Awww, stories like those make me smile. I mean, I'm sorry his fish died, but at least another fish has a great home to look forward to :).
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 AM   #44 
Renzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
And it's only been what...6 days?
All I did were water changes, a few pellets a day, a bit of almond leaf and some warm water...
Betta fish honestly don't need much to be happy and healthy... it's a pity that this is taken advantage off by the petshop industry to their financial advantage :/

Yep. To have a Happy betta fish: Food, Water changes, and tons of just sitting and staring and talking to them. Least that is what my 'King' Betta Rio likes :3 He sees me coming and he swims up from the bottom of his tank and then swims the front glass, until i stop and stare and talk to him ^^ That and all my other fish (Except Raz... he's my silly boy) Love to have me stand and stare and talk. :3 They are pretty spoiled.

Anyways He is gorgeous keep us updated with Pictures :D I cannot wait to see how he turns out when he is fully betta (better) (sorry for the pun... had to do it)
Renzia is offline   Reply With Quote