Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #16831 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
hmph
Why must people be rude, insulting and ignorant?
*sigh*
Cause they're people?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #16832 
Bombalurina

Le sigh. Artemis, after an apparent recovery, took a massive turn for the worse last night, losing all of her colour and going a wierd, bruised whitish grey, like a dead fish, and bloating. She seemed on the point of pine-coning. Of course, I only discovered this when I went to bed, so I had to do an emergency water change. Unfortunately, I was already late in getting to bed because my mum and my sister were both in pain and needed a massage, which I had given.

I haven't seen Artemis yet because I woke up so early this morning that it was still dark. I'm going back up now to check on her, now that the sun's up. Unfortunately, this has all made my cold worse, and Willoughby has sneezed blood on my nice clean cage. Again.

Le sigh.

Can anyone direct me to a thread on removing the metal from the Zoomed leaf hammocks? I bought one yesterday, but my dad broke it within an hour of me getting it home.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #16833 
ThePearlFish

I hate not being allowed to have any fun in my life........
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #16834 
Hadoken Kitty

People being jerk faces. UGH.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #16835 
FishyFishy89

omg!
Earlier today I visited my new client. Her son believes it is okay to kick the dog to correct it! I wanted so bad to kick that boy in the stomach to show how the dog feels. But being a professional, I had to bite the bullet and educate him the correct ways of correcting a dog and respecting a dog.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #16836 
Hadoken Kitty

You would think the parents would say something about it themselves....
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #16837 
ThePearlFish

I feel bad for that kid's future kids if this is how he treats something that has no clue how to communicate with you... :/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #16838 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother is big on the entitlement problem. He says too many people expect stuff to be given to them for free. That's true but there are people out there who really need it. Sometimes I think he's talking about me because I'm kn disability but I'm not drawing off of taxpayers! I'm drawing off of my dad who didn't live long enough to draw social security himself. I hate people who think I live off of my mother.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #16839 
Bombalurina

Artemis seemed to be recovering and then took a massive turn for the worse and died whilst I was at work.

I passed my summer law course, but barely.

I have done all the reading for Fringe Benefit Tax, although I'm still not sure how to calculate it properly, but for some reason our teacher decided he was going to look at Business Tax, which we aren't supposed to do til next week, and do FBT next week instead.

The washing machine is broken. This doesn't bother me so much for my own clothes, but my rats need their bedding changed daily to help with their respiratory problems, and I can't get their stuff washed enough for me to do that.

My dad broke my betta hammock.

I desperately need to sleep or do uni stuff tomorrow, but I have to work instead.

Amazing how lots of tiny things can just add up and weigh down on you and make it really hard to remember the good stuff. On the plus side, I know that if I really think about it, there is a lot of good stuff in my life. I pray I can always remember that and stay grateful.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #16840 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
My brother is big on the entitlement problem. He says too many people expect stuff to be given to them for free. That's true but there are people out there who really need it. Sometimes I think he's talking about me because I'm kn disability but I'm not drawing off of taxpayers! I'm drawing off of my dad who didn't live long enough to draw social security himself. I hate people who think I live off of my mother.
Actually yes you are. Your entitlement comes from your father paying enough to become insured or to insure his wife/widow and surviving children or disabled adult children, should your disability have been diagnosed before age 22, if your entitlement is as a Disabled Adult Child. Your money, though, comes from today's taxpayers. It is the money entering social security today, which is what pays for your monthly benefit, comes from current social security taxes, particularly if what you receive is SSI. The issue is that what is used today by social security receipients is much more than was paid into it by them. Same goes for medicare. Social security needs a serious overhaul if it is to survive as a program, and IRS needs to get its butt in gear and collect from all those employers who retain social security from their employees but don't pay their part.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou