Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #171 
Wutwut

Hey, I got a question. What's a sign of Cory cats mating? My cories been acting weird. I see 2 male chase a female and ended up flipping her over but im not sure if they're mating. After wrapping her, i see her kind of exhausted for a little bit. After that, she started rubbing her belly onto the glass of the fish tank.

Scratch the question...
Cories did mate.

Last edited by Wutwut; 02-28-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Wutwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #172 
Memphis

Here is my Dugtrio

On the left is Salt my Leopard Cory.
Right is Pepper my female Leopard Cory who is Salt's mate.
And the one in the back is my lonesome Panda Cory Po.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #173 
Memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutwut View Post
Hey, I got a question. What's a sign of Cory cats mating? My cories been acting weird. I see 2 male chase a female and ended up flipping her over but im not sure if they're mating. After wrapping her, i see her kind of exhausted for a little bit. After that, she started rubbing her belly onto the glass of the fish tank.

Scratch the question...
Cories did mate.

Congrats! Make sure you keep an eye out for eggs on the glass. I wish mine would mate, but I will have to get another male to do so lol
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #174 
lexylex0526

Talking

Hey guys!

Woahh I haven't been on this thread in forever! I hope everyone's cories are doing great!!! Mac and cheese are doing amazing, I've had them both for about 8 months now and no problems have popped up! Praise the lord :) haha I attached a pic below and for once I got one of camera shy mac!! Pic isn't clear sorry! lol I enjoyed looking at all the new cory pics posted, these fish are surely adorable!
Attached Images

lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #175 
djembekah

To answer a question i noticed earlier, cories are diurnal. I forget the exact definition but i think it just means they are more active around dusk, even though they are active during the day too. to Google.

yup i was off. diurnal means active in the daytime. but cories are more active in the.evening
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #176 
Crowntails

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylex0526 View Post
Hey guys!

Woahh I haven't been on this thread in forever! I hope everyone's cories are doing great!!! Mac and cheese are doing amazing, I've had them both for about 8 months now and no problems have popped up! Praise the lord :) haha I attached a pic below and for once I got one of camera shy mac!! Pic isn't clear sorry! lol I enjoyed looking at all the new cory pics posted, these fish are surely adorable!
Your cories should be in groups of 3+ of each species. Having 2 cories that are different species isn't recommend. They will be fine, but a bit lonely. My 4 Peppered Cories are very active with each other and enjoy their own species company.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #177 
Memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
To answer a question i noticed earlier, cories are diurnal. I forget the exact definition but i think it just means they are more active around dusk, even though they are active during the day too. to Google.

yup i was off. diurnal means active in the daytime. but cories are more active in the.evening
Posted via Mobile Device
Or like mine active all day and night. Chilling only when it's feeding time or reserving energy for three day straight relay races they always do.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #178 
lexylex0526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntails View Post
Your cories should be in groups of 3+ of each species. Having 2 cories that are different species isn't recommend. They will be fine, but a bit lonely. My 4 Peppered Cories are very active with each other and enjoy their own species company.
Oh yes I know! I have delayed buying a few more because I am moving this spring and it would be much easier moving a smaller amount of fish. I will definitely buy more as soon as I'm moved though! :)
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #179 
Crowntails

I just brought home 4 Pygmy cories for my 5.5 gallon tank. They are so small! I am getting 2-4 more in a couple months or so. I'd post pics later! I just love them so much.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #180 
Nicci Lu

I guess this is the thread to post cory cat questions. :)

I just got 4 false bandit corys (melini). I love the way they just bumble around the tank. And they are not intimidated at all by my betta, even when he tries to schmooze in on their food. Just adorable!

Anyways, my question. How much of a frozen bloodworm cube should I give my four? They got some today when my betta did, but I'm not sure if I gave them enough.

Another one- do they eat algae or biofilm? I've noticed that they sometimes go up and down my plants like my otos do. Are they actually eating, or just looking for food?
Nicci Lu is offline   Reply With Quote